For the gal who wants to look good at the gym (and let’s be honest, who doesn’t fall into this category?) there’s a new site in town to do just the trick. Meet Carbon38, an online social platform that curates the newest trends and styles much like your favorite shopping sites, but specifically for fitness, wellness and health.
Launching January 14, each week carbon38.com will have hand-picked fitness products from your favorite trainer pros and celebrities on everything you love including apparel, accessories, vitamins and even fitness classes. You can buy it all right on the site, and keep coming back for the latest and greatest gear for your next gym session.
Can’t wait until January 14? Register now and enter Carbon38′s pre-launch giveaway for a chance to win a pair of Jimmy Choo sneakers, plus be one of the first with exclusive access to the site. If that doesn’t kick your resolutions into high gear, we don’t know what will.
More from FITNESS: Sweaty Trend to Try: The Animal Flow Workout
There’s nothing we love more here in the fashion department than mixing sweat and glam. Let’s be real ladies, you can burn some major calories and still look good while doing it! So when we caught wind earlier this week that one of our favorite SoulCycle chicks and October Express Workout model, Charlee Atkins, was the model in a collaboration video for SoulCycle and one of our fav jewelry brands, DANNIJO, you know we were all over it. I mean really, nothing says sexy, more than war paint, stacks of jewels, and lots of sweaty skin.
Check out the H-O-T video below. If that doesn’t inspire you to want to get out there and kick some butt, we don’t know what else will!
Written by Lisa Turner, editorial intern
The heat waves this summer have definitely been kind of a bummer, but it does mean one thing–plenty of time to spend on the beach! You’ve worked your butt off (literally) all year long and now is the perfect time to show off your hard work. Check out our ultimate swimsuit guide to find the perfect piece for your body type, plus some tips to instantly slim down. In the meantime, see what our Twitter followers look for when they’re out shopping for a new suit.
@stuftmama: Good padding in the top!
@lov513: Fit and support.
@erinmoone: A really awesome cover-up.
Now tell us: What’s your favorite swimsuit style?
More from FITNESS Magazine: 12 Women’s Swimsuit Confidence Boosters
Written by Andrea Alvarez, fashion intern
Summer’s officially in full gear, and we are super excited for salt water in our hair, sun-kissed skin and most importantly, summer fashions. With the 4th of July on our heels, we have two perfect patriotic looks to satisfy the mood you’re in, whether you’re headed to a barbecue or hanging poolside with your friends.
Feeling flirty? Slip on a sweetheart denim dress and throw on a cute pair of wedges. We love this dress from TopShop!
If feisty is more your style, nothing beats a pair of combat boots or Converse kicks and high-waisted shorts. Spice it up with a crop tank like this one, and you’ll be party ready in no time.
Now you tell us: What are you wearing this 4th of July?
Many of us have been there: One of our family members or loved ones have been diagnosed with a chronic disease and given a grim prognosis. We feel an urgent desire to assist them, but can feel helpless against the powerful disease. Enter cause-based races, events and products, which offer an opportunity to support research and education so that future generations will hopefully experience fewer of these moments than we do.
One of our recent favorites? The K-Swiss/ Stand Up to Cancer (SU2C) partnership. The new SU2C line from the brand is about more than cute gear (although that is surely included)—it focuses on accelerating research projects that hope to bring a cure. K-Swiss is donating $5 for each SU2C product purchased through the end of 2013. And if your spiffy sneakers have you ready for a new challenge, you can join Team SU2C, which helps individuals or groups raise money for the charity by participating in sporting events around the country, like Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathons and Ironman triathlon events.
To learn more, click here or watch the video below.
More from FITNESS:
- Run, Walk, Get Fit For a Cause
- Team NARS Completes Triathlon, Raising $100,000 For Charity
- 4 Charity Races On Our Bucket Lists
It is usually around this time of year—after all of the fun holiday festivities are over and the new year has settled in—that winter goes from fab to drab. The twinkling lights of Christmas trees dwindle, all of the yummy treats have been eaten and the cold, unwanted winter air sticks around for much longer than many of us would like. And dare I say SNOW—thinking about it makes me cringe! If you are feeling like winter is getting the best of you, fear no more. I have the cure: Fun, colorful pieces to brighten up those winter blues!
- After hitting the weights to work off all of those cookies you ate during the holidays, swipe on some of this Bobbi Brown lip gloss in cosmic pink. It will instantly brighten your face for a fun and fresh look.
- Did your New Year’s resolution of working out more fail after only a few days? Run out of your rut by trying out these awesome neon green Saucony sneaks which will be sure to put a little pep in your step.
- Does your iPhone lack some spunk? We’re totally digging this bright green Incipio phone case.
- Be proud of your sexy, toned arms and rock some wrist-candy like this technicolor Dannijo bracelet. It’s super fun, don’t you think?
- Break away from the boring black sports bra, by trying something in a cool color or print. This girly and fun heart-printed bra from Forever 21 is most definitely a winner in our books.
- Attention all surfers! We’ve found the perfect tide watch (it’s Nixon!) to brighten your surf sessions.
- There are tons of iPad and tablet cases out there on the market, but we love the sporty yet fashionable take on the Marc by Marc Jacobs version. And it’s neoprene! What could be better than that?!
- Tote all your stuff to the gym in a Puma bag that’s roomy enough for all of the essentials.
- Wearing these sunny yellow Sperry TopSider boat shoes on a dreary day will have you wishing it was summer more than ever. A girl can dream can’t she?
‘Tis the season to be blingy! What girl doesn’t need a little sparkle in her life? And what better time of year to flaunt it than the holiday season?
This year almost everything is blinged out, from iPhone cases to boat shoes, sporty watches and even nails! So when making that wish list for Santa this year, add some sparkle to the mix for a little glammed up look. Just make sure not to go too overboard though. There is such thing as too much sparkle, you know!
- I love these arm warmers by Juicy Couture because they’re soft and cozy, and add just the right amount of bling to your outerwear look.
- A fun party shoe, like this one from Kate Spade, always makes a holiday outfit shine, so strap those puppies on and get your dance on!
- Keep warm with this glittery gold scarf from Piperlime. It’ll add some pizazz to an everyday work outfit during the holiday season.
- Belts are one of my favorite accessories because they are subtle, but still substantial. This glitter belt from J.Crew is one of my favorites—I own it and love it! Looks great with a skirt, a dress or even with jeans and a tee!
- Want to make heads turn (in a good way!) at the company holiday party? Throw on this shimmery little skirt from TopShop, and you’ll do just that.
- Sparkle accessories are all the rage this season, so why not make your technology bling? I love how fun yet sophisticated this Michael Kors iPad case is. It’s the perfect gift for your techy friend!
- If wearing a sparkly dress freaks you out, try something a little less overpowering like adding some sparkles to your nails. Deborah Lippmann’s glitter nail polish is definitely on my wish list this year!
- Everyone always has the same old boring white headphones, so to change it up we found these amazing shiny gold Skullcandy earbuds. Pop these in and you’ll look like a rockstar.
Written by Alyssa Belanger, editorial intern
When it comes to supporting the cause this month, the number of ways to get involved are nearly unlimited. But here’s one more just in case you’ve missed out on the other opportunities—iRenew’s limited edition pink wellness bracelets.
In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness month and the company’s dedication to promoting healthy lifestyles, iRenew has launched its new line of pink wellness bracelets to support breast cancer research. Show off your support for BCA and get your bracelet branded with the breast cancer ribbon at retailers like K-Mart, CVS, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond and many more for less than $19.99.
On top of making a fashionable statement for a good cause, the company will donate 15 percent of the proceeds from the limited edition wellness bracelets to The Donna Foundation’s 26.2 with Donna Finish Breast Cancer National Marathon.
More from FITNESS:
Written by Theresa K. Brady, editorial intern
When it comes to selecting the right underwear for working out, many ladies tend to get their panties in a bunch. Whether it’s too tight, rides up or is just plain uncomfortable, everyone struggles at some point to find the right pair for their derrière. Luckily, there are some ways you can be sure that you’re finding the right underwear for your fit life.
We asked Marla Horenbein, FITNESS Magazine’s fashion assistant, about what we can do to ensure a wedgie-free workout. Here are her top five rules for awesome undies:
- Material matters. We all know that cotton soaks up water, and let’s be honest—we all work up a sweat. “Look for technical synthetic fabrics that contain Nylon, Spandex and Elastane,” she says. “They are comfortable, moisture-wicking and breathable.” Your body will also be able to move unrestricted, which is important for workouts like Zumba, yoga or Pilates.
- You do have a choice. Most performance underwear fits snug to avoid chafing no matter which style you choose, so it’s all about personal preference. “Some people solely wear thongs and some people can’t part with their briefs, while others like to switch it up,” she points out. Your comfort and range of motion are the important factors. “Just make sure whatever you wear isn’t visible,” Horbein warns. “Whether it’s the unwanted panty line, or a little peek-a-boo over the top of your pants—keep them hidden!”
- Avoid the muffin top. The waistband should fit you snug (whether you choose, briefs, boy shorts or thongs), but it should not dig into your skin. Seamless panties are the best way to go because they lie flat against your body. “The same goes for your legs,” she tells us. “If you get red grooves along your thighs your underwear is too tight!”
- Cover your butt. If you choose to wear briefs, make sure that your backside is fully covered. Nothing is more uncomfortable (or unattractive) than underwear that is too small or too big. “No one wants to be known as the wedgie-picker at the gym!” says Horenbein.
- Performance underwear can still be cute! At FITNESS we love underwear by Zobha. The seamless designs eliminate panty lines and the moisture-wicking, quick-drying fabric ensures that you’ll stay dry during your workout. Plus the colors are really cute too! Who says what’s underneath can’t be as cute as what’s on top?
More from FITNESS: Check out our Sports Bra Fitting Guide to take care of your top half too!
Written by Danielle Paquette, Editorial Intern
Don’t sacrifice chic to stay safe. Medical professionals recommend that anyone who suffers from a range of conditions—from asthma and diabetes, to drug, food and insect allergies—wear ID bracelets in case she requires emergency medical care and cannot explain her needs. Until recently, these ID bands were only available in clunky and boring styles. To remedy this, Shelly Hope Fisher designed cute medical alert bracelets for Hope Paige Designs, which Crystal Bowsersox rocked on American Idol, to please fashionistas at any age.
Fisher put a fresh twist on the classic medical ID bands to boost confidence among wearers. “People don’t want to feel defined by their ailment,” she said. “These bracelets let you express yourself while staying safe.”
Go to hopepaige.com to customize your own band or stop by your local grocery store, pharmacy or doctor’s office to pick up one of these stylish and functional bracelets.
More from FITNESS: This bracelet reminds us that it’s important to be prepared for any situation that arises. So after you get your ID, check out these tips to build an emergency survival kit.