Written on January 13, 2012 at 9:46 am , by Melissa Freeswick
Earlier this month here on The Fit Stop, you heard about Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month. One of the best ways to look like you know your way around the slopes? Dress like a pro! Here are our picks for gear that will make you look like a champ—regardless of your winter sport of choice.
Snowboard (Top row, left to right)
- Volcom Domestic Ins Jacket ($230, snow.volcom.com)
- Burton Women’s Lucky Pant ($150, burton.com)
- Thirty Two Prion Boots ($140, thirtytwo.com)
- Dragon Alliance White/ Gold Ion Goggles ($95, dragonalliance.com)
Ski (Bottom row, left to right)
- Spyder Prevail Jacket ($250, spyder.com)
- Helly Hansen W Blanche Pant ($225, shop.hellyhansen.com)
- Full Tilt Soul Sister Ski Boots ($500, fulltiltboots.com)
- Gretchen Bleiler Signature Series Oakley Stockholm Goggle ($140, oakley.com)
Written on April 22, 2011 at 2:12 pm , by Melissa Freeswick
In celebration of Earth Day (today!), we’re sharing our favorite eco-friendly finds from head to toe!
- Start with Loomstate. You’ll look fab and feel great knowing they produce their organic cotton designs in environmentally conscious ways.
- For an extra pop of color wrap yourself in Lemlem‘s handmade, natural cotton scarves.
- Treat your feet to Olsen Haus‘s chic all vegan shoes.
- Carry your belongings in Ellington’s eco collection bag which uses vegetable tanning methods and zero chemicals.
- Polish your nails in a pretty hue without breathing in harmful chemicals, like formaldehyde, from Rescue Beauty Lounge.
Now tell us: How are you making your Earth Day greener?
Written on April 15, 2011 at 3:38 pm , by Melissa Freeswick
This month, every refreshingly warm, sunny day has been followed up with at least two days of rain, clouds and cold. So as much as we’d like to, we can’t pack away our wellies and waterproof jackets just yet!
Take a peek at our favorite waterproof spring pieces that keep us smilin’ even when the sun isn’t shining.
1. Totes Bubble Umbrella, $22
2. Superdry Stormtracker Jacket, $95
3. Hunter Watling Lace Up Full Knee Boot, $175
4. Columbia Sportswear Trail Trip Rain Jacket, $95
5. Sperry Topsider Pelican Wedge Sadie Boot, $80
6. The North Face Venture Jacket, $99
Written on March 18, 2011 at 12:25 pm , by Melissa Freeswick
We’ve all been working extremely hard on the new iPad editions of Fitness (now available on iTunes). If you own one, we highly recommend you check out the April issue! It’s chock full of extra video workouts, recipes, and fitness/fashion product features! Here are six of our top picks to protect your precious tech accessory–do you have a favorite? 1.Dannijo $150
2. Marc by Marc Jacobs $60
3. Dooney & Bourke $65
4. Asos $36
5. Treesje (available 4.11.11) $98
6. Lodis $158
Written on January 28, 2011 at 4:23 pm , by Melissa Freeswick
When you do good, you feel good. I love that Kristen Bell has teamed up with Satya Jewelry (one of my favorite brands) to create a necklace for the charity Invisible Children. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to help educate the youth of Northern Uganda, an area of east Africa that has been ravaged by war.
The inspiring necklace is a 24k gold vermeil tree of life with a small gemstone charm symbolizing peace and education and is being sold for $38 ($45 with shipping) at www.satyajewelry.com. Wear this as a reminder to take care of your mind, body, AND spirit.