Written on September 6, 2013 at 11:31 am , by Marla Horenbein
Think back to your high school years, specifically the last few days of summer, right before the first day of school. If they were anything like mine, they were spent soaking up as much sun as possible and finding the perfect back-to-school outfit. This meant multiple trips to the mall, inevitably driving my mother (and her bank account) insane.
Fast-forward way too many years, and I still get that giddy feeling come September. There are few things better than back-to-school shopping, no matter how old you are, and while I’m sad to see summer go, I’m welcoming the fall with semi-open arms (I’m still pretty reluctant to trade my bikini-clad body for cable knits…just sayin’).
I’ve got tons of things on my fall wish list, but at the top in big bold letters is a NEW BAG. And by bag, I really mean backpack. Yes, you heard me right: I want a backpack. They’re making a comeback (no pun intended), and everyone from Marni to Madewell is on board. I’ve pulled together some of my favorites, and you can bet your bottom dollar that I’ll be sporting one at some point this fall – so long as my mom and her bank account want to help me re-live my back-to-school shopping days!
1. Rebecca Minkoff Matty Backpack ($295, rebeccaminkoff.com)
2. Coach Thompson Leather Backpack ($498, coach.com)
3. Adidas by Stella McCartney Backpack ($110, adidas.com)
4. Forever21 Cool Plaid Backpack ($25, forever21.com)
5. 3.1 Phillip Lim Backpack ($1,100, shopbop.com)
6. Herschel Supply City Backpack ($80, nordstrom.com)
7. Epiphanie Brooklyn Backpack ($225, epiphaniebags.com)
8. O’Neill Levi Backpack ($46, oneillclothing.com)