We’ve eaten our turkey, devoured our pumpkin pie, and slept it all off , so what’s there left to do? Shopping of course! If the Black Friday madness isn’t your thing (don’t worry its not ours either!), you can still get your shop on from the comfort of your own home! All it takes is a few clicks, and voila! You’ve got holiday goodies for your friends and family, and maybe even for yourself too!
Now the question is, what to buy? The staffers here at FITNESS are all hoping to find something techy under the tree (or menorah!) this year. Here’s what’s on their wish lists:
- Nutrition Editor Juno DeMelo, Senior Editor Bethany Gumper and Editorial Assistant Lauren Cardarelli are all wanting a Garmin watch, like the Forerunner 10, to track their miles, burned calories, and speed/pace, while they train for their next big races. We love that it comes in fun colors, and the best part is, it’s super easy to use!
- Having trouble sleeping at night? This awesome Renew Sleepclock monitors your breathing and sleeping patterns using a non-contact sensor while you sleep. Pretty cool huh? All you have to do is download the app to your iOS device, pop it in the docking station, and sleep. When you wake up you’ll have you’re sleep stats! Our Senior Editor Lisa Haney already owns one and can’t wait to get one for a certain sleepyhead on her Christmas list!
- We’ve seen every iHome out there, but nothing compares to this super cool Clock/Radio by SDI Technologies. Fashion Director Argy Koutsothanasis, loves that she can listen to the radio, old school style, but still pump out her favorite Rihanna tunes from her iPhone. And the pretty pink box is just too cute to pass up!
- Do you constantly find your iPhone running on a low battery? If so, you might want to add this awesome case to your wishlist, like our Production Director Ian Hawkes. The Mophie Juice Pack Air Case is a slim phone case with a concealed battery charger that can add up to 6 extra hours of talk time to your phone, without plugging in! This might be one of the coolest things that we’ve seen yet!
- Executive Editor Pam O’Brien, and Fashion Intern Alexandra Lambros, are both vying for the latest Nike+ Fuel Band, and we think you will be too. More than just a watch, it tracks your everyday activities, like running, walking, biking, and even dancing! When synched with the digital app, it helps you set goals, track your progress, and is super motivational. You won’t want to be caught in the gym without one.
- Now this techy gadget doesn’t really exist, but our Editor-in-Chief, Betty Wong, sure has great idea! Wouldn’t it be awesome if there was a running watch out there that had a voice recorder? This way, when you’re out logging miles and you think of something important that you don’t want to forget, you can just yell it into your wrist? Sure, our smartphones all have voice recorders, but who wants to have to stop mid-stride to fish out their phone? Betty you’re on to something…let’s make that happen!
Now tell us: What’s on your gadget wishlist?