Written on November 13, 2012 at 11:00 am , by FITNESS Intern
Written by Deanna Cioppa, editorial intern
Well, ladies, it was only a matter of time before the Fifty Shades of Grey phenomenon hit the fitness world. Expert Kristen James (the master behind CYCLEology) has developed a new workout called “50 Shapes of Grey,” filled with sexy strengthening exercises that get your body ready to perfectly execute Christian and Anastasia’s moves from the book.
According to James, this exercise program will not only help you lean out and get strong, but will bring the self-confidence you need for a Fifty Shades-worthy bedroom session. Because the first thing you think about when you read the book is, “Wow, she must have a great core!” Right?
Using minimal equipment (mats and a chair), James takes you through a series of moves with names like “sexy scissors,” “dirty diamonds” and “lusty lunges.” She even references chapters from the book – this girl did her homework when developing the moves!
Want a sneak peek into the sinfully delicious workout? Try these, then download the full routine for $9.99 at James’ website.
Bend Over Better
- Stand with feet hip width apart, toes facing forward and knees slightly bent.
- With a flat back, extend forward to touch your toes. As you rise back to start, elevate up onto toes and extend arms overhead. Do 3 sets of 10 reps. Switch sides.
- Lie on back with knees bent, feet flat on floor. Raise hips toward ceiling into a bridge position; rest arms on either side of you.
- Lower hips toward floor (stop just before touching) while elevating arms overhead. Bring arms back to starting position as you raise hips back toward ceiling. Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
- Lie on back and place hands gently behind head. Lift legs up to 45 degrees, knees pointing at your face. Lift head and tighten core.
- Bring right elbow to left knee, while simultaneously extending right leg straight out. Alternate so left elbow comes to right knee, while left leg extends.
- Continue alternating from side to side for 10 reps. Do 3 sets.
More from FITNESS: