Yes, you read that title correctly - we love our carbs! FITNESS fully believes in "everything in moderation," and pasta is no exception. After all, it's great fuel on the night before our long runs, and it's also a super simple meal to whip up for dinner. A new study from Barilla found that nearly 58 percent of parents say their life is more hectic than it was a year ago, and nearly 2 in 5 families find it difficult to find time to prep dinner! To celebrate World Pasta Day (yep, that's today!) and make dinnertime just a smidge easier on all our busy readers, Barilla shared a simple pasta dish that won't leave you feeling lethargic, but energized and properly fueled.
Click on the link below for a delicious recipe, and to find out how you can help feed the hungry!
Barilla Veggie Farfalle with Roasted Red Pepper and Pine Nuts Serves: 4-6
- 1 box Barilla Veggie Farfalle
- 6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 leave basil, chiffonade
- In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. olive oil, ricotta cheese and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in 4 Tbsp. olive oil until slightly yellow in color. Add roasted red peppers and saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with the sauce, basil and roasted pine nuts.
- To serve, arrange individual bowls and place 1 spoonful of cheese mixture inside the bowl. Top with pasta mixture and serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Barilla isn't only concerned with making sure you're happily fed, either. Next time you're logged in to Facebook (we are right now!), like the Barilla page with their "Share a Hug" app - for every share, Barilla will donate four meals to Feeding America, up to 200,000, to help fight hunger across the nation. You'll also get a download to their new cookbook, The Modern Family Pasta Cookbook.