Bailon's gym uniform often includes capri leggings and brightly-colored accessories. (Photo by Tim Hiatt/Getty Images)
Actress and singer Adrienne Bailon is known for her former role on The Cheetah Girls, for being a founding member of the music group 3LW (remember "Playas Gon' Play"?) and today for her reality show Empire Girls. Now, in addition to her series that "focuses on friendship and following your dreams rather than fighting," according to Bailon, she is recording a solo album, working on an upcoming film and is in talks to expand into the fashion world.
Bailon recently teamed up with Lady Foot Locker to celebrate their Fashionably Fit "refresh." The campaign aims to make stores brighter, cheerier and filled with bolder clothing and different music. We spoke with Bailon before an event in Chicago to find out her top five tips to look stylish while sweating.
- Invest in quality clothing. "You feel better when you look better while exercising. I get inspired to go to the gym if I feel good in my workout clothes."
- Save time with multitasking wardrobe items. "My go-to outfit is capri pants with a bright top and Nike sneakers. The gym can really feel like a fashion show with the vibrant colors on the racks now! What I love most is that if I make smart fashion choices, I can throw on a hoodie and meet my girls for brunch right after."
- Aim to be your best you."My goal is to have the body of my dreams by age 30, but that's strong and toned, not skinny."
- Make the most of today. "I get up at 5 a.m. to hit the treadmill and don't stop working toward my goals—in all areas of life—until I hit the pillow. There are so many things I want to accomplish and I don't want to have any regrets!"
- Find a role model. "If I could join any other celebrity in the gym, it would be Beyonce. She's extremely focused, so I know I would try hard to keep up with her. I wouldn't be messing around with Instagram, that's for sure! Even when I'm working out solo, her music motivates me."
Now tell us: What is your favorite fitness outfit?