How do some of the new bars stack up? (Photo by Claire Benoist)
New snack bars seem to pop up on supermarket shelves nearly every week. With so many options, it's hard to know which are worth your money—and calories. Recently, readers and staff members chewed and scored for our best bar food awards, and since then a few new items have caught our eye. The FITNESS team did the tasty work of testing out the latest in the Luna Fiber and Kind lines. Read on for their honest feedback!
Luna Fiber Vanilla Blueberry
- "I loved the rich blueberry taste and at 110 calories, it's a great go-to snack for my 3 p.m. munchies." — Kathy Green, managing editor
Luna Fiber Chocolate Raspberry
- "For 110 calories, I think you might as well have a real cookie. I really like the crunchy Luna bars, so I was surprised at the over-syrupy, artificial taste." — Betty Wong, editor in chief
Luna Fiber Peanut Butter Strawberry
- "I immediately noticed the strawberry flavor, then the peanut butter hit my taste buds after. This would be a good on-the-go treat before hitting the gym." — Samantha Shelton, editorial assistant
Kind Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt
- "The first bite was so flavorful and had a lot of depth. It was crunchy and is truly one of the best bars I've ever had. I have to buy a crate and keep them in my fridge." — Lapo Belmestieri, freelance designer
Kind Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Pecan
- "This tasted like French toast drizzled in dark chocolate!" — Colleen Moody, web editor
Kind Cashew & Ginger Spice
- "It's nice and crunchy, and since it's mostly nuts, you could tell that it doesn't have the filler junk that a lot of snack bars do. It wasn't too sweet, which I like, but it was filling. Even half would be a good post-workout snack!" — Lisa Turner, editorial intern
Now tell us: What are your favorite snack/breakfast/energy bars?