When she's not creating new recipes, Lindsay loves to head outdoors.
Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean knows a thing or two about good food (just look at her substantial recipe database!). And as you might guess by the name of her blog, many of those dishes are health-conscious—Lindsay is studying to become a registered dietitian. We caught up with creative and fit foodie to learn more about what makes her smile and how she satisfies her sweet tooth.
5 things I can’t live without: My family and friends, my iPhone, fresh fruits and vegetables, my contacts or glasses and a water bottle.
I’m happiest when I’m… Spending time outside with my husband!
My favorite fit snack: Plain Chobani Greek yogurt with fresh fruit, almonds and chia seeds.
My fitness mantra: "Do something today that your future self will thank you for"
To try out one of Lindsay's go-to vegetarian dinners, click below.
Mexican Loaded Sweet Potato
- 4 small sweet potatoes (or 2 large)
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ cup onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced,
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cooked grain (rice, farro, quinoa)
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Mexican cheese
- Poke the sweet potatoes all over with a fork and microwave on high for five to six minutes, or until soft.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, red pepper and black beans in a medium-sized pan. Add spices and mix well.
- Add the grain and stir until heated through.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half length-wise (or cut them in half, if using two large).
- Top with bean mixture. Add the avocado, tomato and cheese. Serve warm.