Written on May 7, 2012 at 10:04 am , by Marianne Magno
For someone who’s gotten used to the nonstop sounds of NYC, doing a yoga class in complete silence is, well, a foreign concept. Which is why I was glad to hear that SLT Yoga officially opened their doors in NYC this May. The offspring of Pilates-based SLT (Strengthen Lengthen and Tone) combines Vinyasa yoga with popular tunes to sustain and enhance your energy throughout the hour-long routine. I worked up a sweat while giving my muscles a much-needed stretch session and my mind a feel-good recharge.
SLT co-founder Erin Jacques, who led our class, shared her playlist so you can move to the music on your own mats.
- “Changes“, Tupac
- “Good Day,” Greg Street Presents Nappy Roots
- “What Makes You Beautiful,” One Direction
- “Payphone,” Maroon 5
- “Kush,” Dr. Dre, featuring Snoop Dogg and Akon
- “We Built This City,” Starship
- “Lonely Boy,” The Black Keys
- “Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem),” Jay-Z
- “Never Forget You,” Lupe Fiasco, featuring John Legend
- “Your Love,” Nicki Minaj
- “Rocketeer,” Far East Movement
- “Slice,” Five for Fighting
- “Empty,” Ray LaMontagne
Tell us: Do you prefer yoga with complete silence or need a soundtrack to move with?