Written on April 26, 2012 at 5:27 pm , by Samantha Shelton
With racing season in full swing, a little run-spiration may be right up your alley (it’s not just us, right?). If that’s the case, head over to NYC Running Mama and get to know Michele, a total running rockstar who loves breaking a serious sweat. She’s in the middle of her second pregnancy too, so all you fit mamas out there can see how she handles running through each trimester while still taking great care of her body and baby. Keep reading for a quick glimpse of what Michele can’t live without and who she loves seeing at the finish line, then pop over to her page for more run fun.
My “I Did It” moment: Finishing my first race/marathon in sub-4 (3:54.02). I crossed the finish line and realized I hadn’t viewed myself as a runner or given myself credit for how fast I could run.
My motivation comes from: My son. I want him to grow up with a healthy, active mom that he is proud of. I was lucky enough to have my husband and son waiting for me at the finish line of this year’s New York City marathon. Ideally, that is how I’ll get to finish all of my races.
On my fit life list: My bucket list is constantly changing – there are probably close to 20 races on it at the moment. Highlights include running the five major marathons (NYC and Boston are completed), participating in (and finishing!) an Ironman, finishing the Badwater Ultramarathon.
5 things I can’t live without:
- My husband and son, my parents and my three sisters. I talk to my sisters every single day. They’re my support system, my best friends and my toughest critics.
- A treadmill. During the winter months, I run when my 15-month-old son is napping.
- My iPod. I love listening to music when I run.
- Sparkly Soul headbands. My go-to headband for all of my runs.
- Makeup. I very rarely leave home without a touch of mascara and eye liner (I even run and race with some on!)
My biggest indulgence: Wendy’s Frosty and French Fries. It’s a reward for me after a long or especially tough run!
Do you have a favorite fit blogger you want us to highlight? Leave it in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org