Country music is definitely having a moment. From Taylor Swift winning big at the Grammys to the ever-present “Red Solo Cup,” fans are dancing in their cowboy boots—or sneakers! So we asked the folks organizing the music for this weekend’s St. Jude Country Music Marathon in Nashville to share a playlist of greatest hits. Download the following songs to get a taste of some of the 50 artists who will be performing at the event, as well as the music that will pump up the runners (including our own editorial assistant Samantha, who’s tackling the half!).
- “Save a Horse,” Big & Rich
- “It’s America,” Rodney Atkins
- “Wild at Heart,” Gloriana
- “Blue Suede Shoes,” Elvis
- “Walkin’ in Memphis,” Various Artists
- “Holding Out for a Hero,” Footloose
- “Heads Carolina, Tails California,” Jo Dee Messina
- “Cowboy Up and Party Down,” Darren Warren
- “For the Kids,” John Rich
Now tell us: What genre of music pumps you up the most during your workouts?