Waves provide the music for yoga in this amazing beachside studio.
I'm sure you saw the big news today—Brad and Angelina are engaged! We were able to spend a few days in their lives during a visit to the posh resort Caneel Bay on the U.S. Virgin Islands, where Brangelina have spent weeks enjoying the property's seven beaches while they rented expansive "Cottage 7." Who knows...maybe they'll make a return visit for more of the unique cuisine and unbeatable views for their honeymoon? Read on for five reasons we loved the resort and why you might want to check it out too (besides the possibility of a star sighting).
Rent a kayak, paddleboard or snorkel gear for a break from your hammock.
- Yoga overlooking the ocean. See photo above—enough said!
- Nearly private beaches for guests. No wonder Mr. and Mrs. Pitt loved Caneel Bay. The secluded nature of the property on St. John means that you'll be able to unplug and detach from the outside world, if you like, and recharge your batteries with a book in a hammock or while building sandcastles with the kids.
- Active adventures are available for all interests. We opted for a tapas-style vacation, with bites of everything from kayaking and sailing to snorkeling, hiking and of course, yoga. But you can learn to paddleboard, windsurf and more if that's more your speed! All gear is ready and waiting for you to rent and experts are on-hand for lessons.
- Indulgence in culinary and calorie-free delights. Fresh fare like gazpacho and seasonal fruit are in large supply and have rarely tasted better. (Maybe they were even more decadent when Brad and Angie had the best chefs from around the island cook for them privately in their cottage!) The real treat can be found in the massage cabanas, which are filled with flowers and also overlook the beach. When you have views like these, why not?
- Wake up with sand in your toes and fall asleep with waves in your ears. Coming from the mainland, the island scenery and tempo are a definite change of pace. Bonus: No paparazzi!
Now tell us: If you didn't need to worry about a budget, where would your ideal vacation or honeymoon location be?