Perhaps the stars of the film listened to tunes like these while training to be tributes? (Photo courtesy of Shutterstock)
Just like much of the rest of the country, we are caught up in The Hunger Games hoopla. The books kept us riveted, and they earn bonus points for having so many fitness-related angles. The running! The climbing! The swimming! That's why we decided to declare this "Hunger Games Week" here on The Fit Stop. We'll have at least one HG post daily to help you prepare for the big premiere on Friday.
To kick things off, we crafted a #MusicMonday playlist full of songs inspired by the sure-to-be-hit film. Sure, there's an official soundtrack for the movie, but we're partial to this eclectic mix of gym-ready tracks that will inspire you to get into tribute shape.
- "Hungry Like the Wolf," Duran Duran
- "Survivor," Destiny's Child
- "The Ruler and the Killer," Kid Cudi
- "Let the Flames Begin," Paramore
- "Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)," Backstreet Boys
- "Hungry Heart," Bruce Springsteen
- "Set Fire to the Rain," Adele
- "Uprising," Muse
- "Heartbeat," The Fray
- "LoveGame," Lady Gaga
- "Safe & Sound," Taylor Swift, featuring The Civil Wars
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock
Now tell us: What songs remind you of The Hunger Games?