Follow these tips to look fabulous at your next big moment. (Photo courtesy of Golin Harris)
While it's true awards season is winding down, that doesn't mean other big events aren't about to crank up the heat (wedding season is quickly approaching!). Slim-Fast is encouraging women to turn special occasions—a red carpet event, wedding, vacation, reunion or something else spectacular—into a major "wow!" moment that leaves people turning heads.
So how can you get your "wow" on? Slim-Fast gathered a team of experts to create the Studio WOW! team, including fashion stylist Jacqui Stafford, celebrity hair and makeup stylist Joey Maalouf (he did Jessica Alba's hair for this year's Golden Globes!) famous photographer known for his role on America's Next Top Model, Nigel Barker, and Slim-Fast nutritionist Ali Auerbach, R.D.
We nabbed some quick tips from the pros to help you dazzle the audience at your next event.
From fashion stylist Jacqui Stafford:
- Embrace color. "I've never met a woman who doesn't look good in red," Stafford says. "She always looks confident, classic and feminine." Try a dress in the vibrant hue that closely follows your frame for a slimming effect.
- It's all about the little things. Stafford showed us five fast, simple ways to change a look using only one accessory. Can you guess it? A scarf! Tie it around your waist for a belted look, or drape it for the circle scarf look that's hot right now.
- Don't douse yourself with trends. We're all about pulling brilliant ideas from the runway, but remember to keep it realistic. "Fuschia is a hot color for spring," Stafford says. "Incorporate it into your look with accessories, like an eye-catching handbag or belt."
From celebrity hair and makeup stylist Joey Maalouf:
- Go for the shoulder. "Whether your hair is thin or thick, coarse or fine, a shoulder-length style works for nearly every woman," Maalouf says. Try these cuts to experiment with the playful length.
- Pump up the color. Just like you should embrace color in your wardrobe, Maalouf says you should love it in your locks, too. A stylist can help enhance your eyes with highlights to bring your look to the next level.
- Bring back-up. A clutch can be your best friend that helps you stay glam all night. Store bobby pins, a mini bottle of dry shampoo or hair spray to maintain the volume and keep strays at bay, he says.
From photographer Nigel Barker:
- Think happy. To avoid a fake grin, think about whatever makes you naturally happy, like a relationship or chocolate. "It will naturally help brighten your eyes or the photo," Barker says.
- Hands on hips. We all know it works, so why stop now? Barker tells us to place a hand on the hip to lengthen the arm and accentuate a sexy waist.
- Forget bad sides. They don't exist! "Focus that energy on looking into the camera with confidence," Barker suggests. "Slightly turn your body at an angle to either side to help show off your figure."
Want more incentive to crank up the heat? Head to slimfast.com and Vow to WOW! in 2012. For every vow entered, participants earn a chance to win $10,000 and a personal style consultation with Jacqui Stafford in New York City. Sweepstakes ends March 26.
Now tell us: What big event are you looking forward to feeling fabulous at this year?