Don't you ever wish you could take a peek in the pantry or gym of the fitness and diet pros you see on TV to see if they really practice what they preach? We do too! That's why we asked Jillian Michaels, celebrity personal trainer, author, motivational expert and soon-to-be mom(!), to share her top snack picks that keep her energy high on even the busiest of days.
"These snacks are quick, easy and they all taste good. Plus they're preservative-free, contain no trans fats, MSG, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners," Michaels says.
- Hummus and veggie sticks."This is an incredibly healthy snack that's filling and tasty," she says. The protein from the chickpeas in the hummus and the fiber from the veggies will keep you satisfied.
- One hard-boiled egg and one piece of fruit. This combo offers an ideal proportion of healthy fat, protein and carbohydrates.
- Barbecue or sweet potato popchips. "A serving of popchips is packed with flavor and a great savory, salty crunch," Michaels raves, and the 100-calorie bags are handy for on-the-go eating.
- Ciao Bella sorbet. Perfect "for when your sweet tooth kicks in," she says, and it's all-natural.
- 22 Days Protein Bars. "These bars taste amazing! Mocha Mantra is my favorite flavor," Michaels explains. She loves that they use hemp protein, "which is great for you."
More from FITNESS: