All year long, Gina from SkinnyTaste creates and shares low-fat recipes for the whole family. But we really turn to her blog for inspiration as the holidays approach, since she is a pro at designing festive dishes that make us wish we could reach through the screen and set them on our party tables (skinny eggnog or vanilla snowman cupcakes, anyone?). Here are some quick facts about this kitchen all-star and one of her favorite recipes for any holiday table!
My favorite way to work out: With a friend.
My fave fit snack: Fresh fruit and nuts.
5 things I can't live without: Friends, family, coffee, camera and my laptop.
My biggest indulgence: Coffee!
I'm happiest when I'm: Enjoying a home cooked meal with family and friends.
Spinach Lasagna Rolls Serves 9
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 15 ounces fat-free cottage cheese (Gina prefers Polly-O)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and fresh pepper
- 32 ounces tomato sauce
- 9 tablespoons (about 3 ounces) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12-inch baking dish.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.
Nutrition information per serving: 225 calories, 5 g fat
Do you have a favorite fit blogger you want us to highlight? Leave a comment below or email email@example.com