The Butterball Turkey Talk-Line is open and ready to help with any cooking catastrophes, but what about the fitness ones that might occur when indulgent foods like green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and pecan pie move to the front burner (and your party scheduled pushes your exercise routine off the priority list)? New York Sports Clubs are launching their first-ever "Don't Be a Butterball" hotline, which will be open from 3 p.m. today through 11:59 p.m. on Friday. All are welcome to call the toll-free hotline at 1-855-IAM-FULL to ask live trainers their most pressing wellness-related questions! Bonus: Callers will receive a free one-week pass to the My Sports Club of their choice to stay fit all holiday season long. Here are three pointers from the pros that will be staffing the hotline:
- Don't think all-or-nothing. Try just 10 minutes of exercise if you're feeling tired. The energy boost will help you make it through the busy day, and any activity is better than none!
- When you do find time, make it count. Burn more calories during the workout time you can carve out with High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)—quick, intense bursts alternated with short recovery periods. Also remember to pump your arms during cardio. Doing so can boost your calorie burn by about 15 percent!
- Give yourself options. Visiting family for Thanksgiving dinner? Offer to bring a healthy dish so you'll be sure there will be at least one nutritious choice for you and others.
More from FITNESS:
- Party-Proof Your Diet
- Easy as Pie: Guilt-Free Recipes
- Burn Off Those Holiday Splurges