Countless scientific studies have proven the health benefits of vacations. But it’s not like you need another reason to start booking your next respite! Looking for a relaxing retreat this fall? We stumbled across a yoga event that may be just the ticket.
Kristin McGee, who has shared her yoga know-how with Tina Fey, Bethenny Frankel and Steve Martin—not to mention FITNESS readers!—is hosting “the ultimate yoga weekend” beginning November 10. The three or four-day retreat offers yogis the opportunity to train closely with McGee herself and receive a customized yoga routine based on your specific goals. Participants will be treated like stars with two yoga classes per day and a massage at the Tides Zihuatanejo, a resort in Playa la Ropa, Mexico.
Ready to drop everything and find your zen? Click here for more details.
If you’re short on vacation days or keen on saving cash, here are a few resources to create your own yoga retreat in the comfort of your own home:
- Step 1: Take our simple quiz to discover which style of yoga is right for you.
- Step 2: Treat yourself to one of our top yoga mat picks.
- Step 3: Learn about the surprising health benefits of yoga.
- Step 4: Think the practice can’t blast fat? Think again! Try this workout and burn 500 calories.
- Step 5: Give yourself an at-home facial as a reward!
- Step 6: Before slipping between your sheets, do these five relaxing poses designed to help you sleep better.
Now tell us: What would be included during your dream fit vacation?