Give your girls lots of love this month! (Photo courtesy of Kelly Heyworth)
In the latest issue of FITNESS we broke down all the weird little things that can happen to your breasts. And while some lumps and bumps might be normal, others are not. Below, experts from Susan G. Komen for the Cure share some warning signs to look out for in your breasts. If you see any of these changes, schedule an appointment with your doc.
- A lump, hard knot, or thickening inside the breast.
- Change in size or shape of your breast.
- Swelling, warmth, redness, or darkening of the breast.
- Dimpling or puckering of the skin around the breast.
- Itchy, scaly sore or rash on the nipple.
- Nipple discharge that starts suddenly.
- Pulling in of your nipple or other part of the breast.
- New pain in one spot that doesn't go away.
Visit komen.org to get information all month on breast cancer prevention, events, and more. Plus, read this step-by-step guide on how to give yourself a self-exam.
More from FITNESS: