So when I met with the Whole Foods Market “Health Starts Here” team last week and heard about their oil-free dressings, I of course had to ask for a recipe or two to try—and share with all of you!
Strawberries are in season and tasting great. Add them to your salad, then drizzle some of this on top for additional berry flavor!
- 2/3 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a blender with 1/4 cup water. Mix until smooth.
Nutrition facts per serving (about 2 tablespoons): 15 calories, 0 g. fat
One serving of the average Caesar dressing has at least 150 calories and 15 grams of fat per serving. Swapping this salad dressing for the typical one everyday for a month? A simple way to drop a full pound.
- 2/3 cup (about 5 oz.) firm silken tofu
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light soy or chickpea miso
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- Ground black pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Mix until smooth.
Nutrition facts per serving (about 2 tablespoons): 25 calories, 0.5 g. fat (0 g. saturated fat)
Now tell us: What salad ingredients do you love to add to your bowl to fill you up without filling you out?