Written on May 27, 2011 at 2:41 pm , by Marla Horenbein
Summer kicks off this weekend, and for many of us that means heading to the beach, whipping out the grill for some burgers and spending time with our family and friends. That also means it’s time to pull out all of your favorite summer essentials! From beach bags and towels to sunscreen and shades, we’ve got you covered for the long weekend, and all of your summer weekends ahead.
Clockwise from top left
- Sun Hat: Great for looking cute and blocking harmful rays from the sun. ($13, Forever 21)
- Beach Towel: Go for a bold pattern—you’ll always keep track of your spot on the beach! ($27, Lacoste)
- Sporty Digital Watch: Whether running in the sand or riding some waves, a comfortable watch will keep you in style and on schedule. ($55, Freestyle)
- Tote Bag: You gotta carry your latest issue of FITNESS in something, right?($248, Henri Bendel)
- Flip Flops: Let’s be real, these are the summer essential (along with SPF, of course). ($18, Havaianas)
- Sunglasses: Keep your eyes protected with some simple shades or cool summertime sunnies! ($150, Oakley)
- Sunscreen: A summer MUST! Make sure to apply all day, everyday. ($7, Coppertone)
- Nail Polish: Pops of color on your fingers and toes adds some fun to your summer outfits! ($8, Essie)
Now tell us: What are your weekend getaway bag essentials?