Fried Brown Rice with Asparagus & Almonds
Fried Brown Rice with Asparagus & Almonds Serves 8
- 6 cups brown rice
- 1 bunch of asparagus, steamed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- For sauce: 2 tablespoons each of rice vinegar, sesame oil, light soy sauce, minced garlic and minced ginger
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a skillet, add sauce and rice. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet. Mix until heated.
Nutrition facts per serving (1-1/2 cup): 272 calories, 10 g. fat (1 g. saturated fat)
Strawberry Rhubarb Fool Serves 4
- 1 cup chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 12 ounces (1-1/2 cups) plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- Saute rhubarb and O.J. for 6-8 minutes, until thick and saucy.
- In a blender, puree cooked rhubarb, strawberries and honey until smooth.
- Layer strawberry-rhubarb mixture with yogurt in 4 glasses, swirl together with a knife. Refrigerate and serve cold.
Nutrition facts per serving (3/4 cup): 140 calories, 2 g. fat (1 g. saturated fat) More from FITNESS: Fresh & Fit: 24 Seasonal Spring Recipes