Photo by Chris Craymer/TrunkArchive.com
February 14th doesn't have to mean candy hearts and decadent chocolate desserts. Here are five fun things to do with your sweetie that don't involve a lot of fat and calories.
1. Get a couple's massage. Relax, de-stress and enjoy the afterglow of a great massage together. Some spas will even offer Valentine's packages that include special extras like wine and cheese.
2. Escape to an active winter getaway. Take the weekend to enjoy some of the best aspects of winter weather: skiing, snowshoeing, or horseback riding through picturesque snowy trails. Bonus: Nothing feels better than a dip in a hot tub after a day out on the trails.
3. Cook a romantic dinner for two at home. Overall, eating at home is much healthier than dining in a restaurant. You're likely to consume far fewer calories and less fat and sodium. Plus, spending a little quality time together in the kitchen makes the meal that much more romantic. (Recreate the restaurant experience with these gourmet recipes!)
4. Dance. When was the last time you swayed cheek-to-cheek with your partner? Turn up the tunes and ask for the next dance.
5. Have sex. While it won't burn as many calories as your spin class, sex can sometimes still be quite a workout. And it sure beats time on the treadmill.
What fun activities do you have planned for this V-day?