New York City and much of the Northeast U.S. was walloped with another snow storm last night–leaving about 19 additional inches of snow around Central Park and outside my front door! Weather like this leaves me craving certain dishes for dinner…It’s comfort food time, folks. Here are my six go-to cozy meals created for days like today. Bonus: All have fewer than 375 calories per serving!
- 5 Factor Lasagna: A meat-free take on the Italian treat, substituting eggplant in place of pasta for an extra veggie serving. (315 calories, 3 g fat)
- Chickpea Soup with Spinach and Tomato: Warm up with a creamy, protein-packed bowl. Hummus is the secret ingredient in this quick cooking recipe! (228 calories, 12 g fat)
Chipotle Veggie Chili: Your pot will be filled produce at its peak during winter, like sweet potatoes, parsnips and butternut squash. (369 calories, 9 g fat)
- Gooey Grilled Cheese: This isn’t your mom’s American on white bread. Sliced pears give these sandwiches grown up flair. (296 calories, 13 g fat)
- Mac and Cheese Lite: Celebrity chef and triathlete Rocco Dispirito’s lightened up version of everyone’s favorite school lunch side. (237 calories, 7 g fat)
- Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes: Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner? These fluffy pancakes taste fantastic, even sans-syrup.(238 calories, 8 g fat)
What is your go-to comfort food dish?