Although I’ve only been an intern at FITNESS for two months, my bedroom has become a hoarder’s paradise. I have dedicated my weekends to bringing home and testing out the newest (and most promising) beauty products, eager to find which are worth the extra primping time. I’ve narrowed down my top five favorites, all of which live up their labels!
- Crest 3D Whitestrips: I know I’ve said before that I’m not a big fan of at-home whitening systems, but I can definitely make an exception for these. As promised, my teeth were noticeably whiter after just three days, and I experienced no pain or sensitivity.
- RapidLash: I’ve been using this product for a little over two weeks now, and already see an improvement in the length and thickness of my lashes! Since you only have to apply the serum once nightly, it’s the perfect easy and effective addition to your nightly beauty routine.
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque: My hair has never looked and felt as great as it did after using this weekly treatment. It smooths out dry ends and adds shine without weighing the hair down, leaving you with healthy, to-die-for hair.
- Laura Geller Eye Spackle: This lightweight eyeshadow primer glides onto your lids, and keeps shadow intact for the entire day. Zero reapplication required!
- Zeno Hot Spot: Although small, this mini blemish clearing device packs a lot of power! Use at the first sign of a pimple, and see results within an hour. This is one beauty tool I’ll keep around forever.
What are your favorite new beauty finds?
-Nina Ramadan, beauty intern
Categories: Beauty On the Go, Tried-It Tuesday | Tags: Beauty, Crest, eyeshadow, favorite, hair, lashes, laura geller, Macadamia Natural Oil, primer, products, Rapidlash, treatment, whitening, Zeno
While my morning (afternoon and evening) cup o’ joe may leave me feeling perked up and ready to take on the world, it can also leave me with a dull, stained smile. I’m not a big fan of the teeth whitening kits you see in stores, and find they make my teeth feel weak and irritated. Luckily, there are a few at-home tricks that seem to solve my dental disaster:
1) Olive Oil. After brushing, dab extra virgin olive oil onto a soft cloth and gently rub on teeth. While it’s not known why olive oil is an effective teeth whitener, your brighter smile will speak for itself!
2) Hydrogen Peroxide. When it comes to tooth health, hydrogen peroxide is a super power. It not only whitens teeth, but also strengthens enamel, heals canker sores and fights bacteria. To use it as a whitening agent, swish a cap-full around in your mouth for 30 seconds to one minute, and then brush in an upward and downward motion.
3) Baking Soda. Baking soda is a major ingredient found in toothpastes to help deliver a whiter, brighter smile. After brushing, dip your wet toothbrush directly into some baking soda and brush in a circular motion. The surface stains will be lifted immediately!
*Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide used together can also act as a superior whitening remedy. Combine the two until a thick paste forms, and use as toothpaste.
-Nina Ramadan, beauty intern