Next week, I’m traveling to Texas for the first time, and while preparing for my trip, I’ve been testing out hair products to use while I’m there. I love the look of voluminous hair, but I have naturally fine, straight strands that look flat and limp without any styling magic. The problem is, I hate spending more than a few minutes on my hair so I’m usually looking for a product that’ll do all the work for me. I found it with Göt2b’s 2sexy Voluptuous Volume Spray Mousse ($6, ulta.com). The unique spray formula makes it easy to target your roots. Here’s how I use it: I part my hair in several places along the top and crown of my head and spray it along my scalp. Then I mist it through the length of my hair for extra body. I flip my hair upside down to blow-dry, using my fingers to massage the product into my roots and a boar bristle brush to avoid tangles. When I’m done, you’d swear my hair was defying gravity. You get maximum lift that doesn’t feel dirty, as well as, workable hold and shine. I haven’t had to use my teasing comb in weeks. You know how they say, “Everything’s bigger in Texas?” Well, I’ll fit right in the Lone Star State thanks to this miracle mousse!
If you’re on the hunt for the perfect Mother’s Day gift, there’s no more elegant, charming choice than Tocca Eau de Parfum Viaggio Coffret, an adorable trio of three of the brand’s most popular fragrances in miniature vintage-looking bottles that make lovely additions to any vanity or on-the-go bag. The three scents are warm Colette, with jasmine and musk; feminine Giulietta, bursting with florals like rose, lilac, lily and iris; and fresh Bianca, a mix of bergamot, lavender, lemon and green tea. And the gilded box is so gorgeous it requires no more wrapping than the quick tie of a bow.
Tell us: What are your favorite beauty gifts for Mother’s Day?
Categories: Beauty On the Go, Favorite Find Friday | Tags: Bianca, Colette, fragrance, gift, gift set, Giulietta, miniature, Mother's Day, On-the-go, perfume, Scent, Tocca, travel, trio, vanity, vintage
As much as we aspire to do a full sink face wash every evening, more often that not (OK, most nights) we end up relying on cleansing towelettes in our end-of-day delirium. The best of the best (and inexpensive, to boot) are Yes To Blueberries Travel Cleansing Towelettes. We love that this weightless little pack can go anywhere with us (you can buy a 30-count full-size too) and that the supersoft wipes are infused with gently brightening apple and lemon peel extracts. The towelettes themselves are biodegradable, so you don’t have to worry about waste, and unlike others, they remove eye makeup without any stinging or burning.
Tell us: What are your favorite facial cleansing wipes?
Staying fresh and put together during a marathon, time-crunched day can be a challenge—but not to worry, FITNESS is here to help! Here are a few of my favorite ways to look and feel great on the go, no matter what my busy schedule has in store:
- Hydrate your face. Rehydrate your skin in a dry, stuffy office or classroom with a mist of purified water. We like Evian Mineral Water Spray; it releases a light, invigorating mist that won’t disturb your makeup. Or fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for an even more moisturizing, therapeutic treat.
- Beat the tangles. All that running around can leave your hair a tangled mess. Carry a compact brush with mirror that folds to fit in your bag- we love Sephora Collection Printed Pop-Up Brush, decked in a supercute bee pattern. Just running the brush through locks a couple times can bring them back to life; to add volume, brush the roots up and back.
- Freshen up. It seems simple, but one of my favorite ways to feel refreshed is to brush my teeth—something about the clean feeling gives me an ultimate boost. I keep a travel toothbrush and toothpaste in my purse for a mid-day touch up. On days when I’m really crunched for time, I pull out a Colgate Wisp, a miniature toothbrush with built-in paste.
-Kari LaPrade, contributing blogger
There’s an art to traveling beautifully this holiday season—just ask veteran travel editor Debbi Kickham, whose new book The Globetrotter’s Get-Gorgeous Guide launched last week. A few of her pearls of wisdom for looking great on the go:
- Mix vitamin C powder into your water to make a quick, refreshing facial spritz for the plane.
- Have you arrived with puffy eyes and a parched face? A German flight attendant swears by asking room service for a container of cold yogurt, which she applies to her face.
- Wear sunscreen – on the plane! You’ll be up in the sky with strong natural sunlight coming through the windows.
What are your favorite travel beauty tips?