Written on August 6, 2013 at 9:00 am , by Molly Ritterbeck
Calling all beauty junkies: If you spend a majority of your extra cash on mascara and nail polish, you probably already belong to Sephora’s Beauty Insider program. But if you don’t, there are more reasons now than ever to join the program. The trailblazer in beauty retail is re-launching their entire loyalty program on August 12th to make it bigger and better. The new and improved Beauty Insider program will include:
- A premium new membership level – The new rewards level, VIB Rouge, is for serious product addicts. You’ll earn bragging rights with this tier when you spend $1,000+ in a calendar year and you’ll get insider access to one-of-a-kind experiences and rewards. The chic and shiny red card opens the door to private events, advance access to new products, free shipping on sephora.com, unlimited complimentary services at Sephora Beauty Studios and your own beauty concierge hotline. For more info, click here.
- Ultimate digital headquarters – The new Beauty Insider digital hub (accessible online here, on-the-go via mobile web or on the new Sephora To Go App for iPhone and iPod Touch) lets you view the latest rewards and exclusive offers, check your point balance and get access to members-only products and events. You can also keep track of products you love and past purchases (so you never forget the name of your favorite shade of foundation again).
- Revamped rewards for all tiers – The already-in-place Beauty Insider tiers (Beauty Insider and VIB) have gotten a makeover, too. The program now features new ways to use your points, members-only beauty classes, first access to the most coveted new products (like the Marc Jacobs Beauty launch this fall) plus, all the benefits members already love, like the free birthday gift—yay!
Don’t forget, membership is free and from August 12-18th, Sephora is celebrating their loyal customers with double point purchases for Beauty Insiders, triple point purchases for VIBs, and quadruple (!) point purchases for VIB Rouge Members. Think it can’t get any better? Think again—now you can transfer your newly acquired points to friends and family for access to rewards that money can’t buy, like a chance to win a once in a lifetime trip for two to Paris with Make Up For Ever or a trip to Los Angeles for you and a friend to get a haircut by the man behind Jennifer Aniston’s famous style, Chris McMillan. Click here for more info on these to-die-for prizes. Happy beauty shopping!
Written on February 8, 2011 at 6:48 am , by Fitness Magazine
Lately I’ve been on the hunt for beauty products that make me look great but are space-saving, easy and quick to use—and even save time when I’m in a big rush. These prettifying finds fit the bill:
- Benefit Benetint is a great two-in-one product that I’ve loved for years. This rose tinted stain is perfect for a flush of color on the cheeks and lips—all you need is a dot in each spot.
- Sephora’s Double-Ended Perfect Complexion Brush is a brush I recently picked up and have been using every day since. One side of the brush is a blush/bronzer applicator; the other, a foundation brush—and I love the eye-catching hot pink hue.
- Easy on the go shadow? It’s actually possible with Urban Decay’s Cream Shadow. They offer a nice array of colors for a neutral day look or a more vibrant effect for night. These creams are also easier to apply than normal shadows because there’s no need for a brush—just squeeze and apply with fingers. Plus, the shadows dry weightless and creaseless, leaving a heavenly shimmer on the eyes that lasts all day.
—By Maite Gonzalez, beauty intern
Written on January 26, 2011 at 7:13 am , by Fitness Magazine
Staying fresh and put together during a marathon, time-crunched day can be a challenge—but not to worry, FITNESS is here to help! Here are a few of my favorite ways to look and feel great on the go, no matter what my busy schedule has in store:
- Hydrate your face. Rehydrate your skin in a dry, stuffy office or classroom with a mist of purified water. We like Evian Mineral Water Spray; it releases a light, invigorating mist that won’t disturb your makeup. Or fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for an even more moisturizing, therapeutic treat.
- Beat the tangles. All that running around can leave your hair a tangled mess. Carry a compact brush with mirror that folds to fit in your bag- we love Sephora Collection Printed Pop-Up Brush, decked in a supercute bee pattern. Just running the brush through locks a couple times can bring them back to life; to add volume, brush the roots up and back.
- Freshen up. It seems simple, but one of my favorite ways to feel refreshed is to brush my teeth—something about the clean feeling gives me an ultimate boost. I keep a travel toothbrush and toothpaste in my purse for a mid-day touch up. On days when I’m really crunched for time, I pull out a Colgate Wisp, a miniature toothbrush with built-in paste.
-Kari LaPrade, contributing blogger
Written on October 26, 2010 at 10:08 am , by Fitness Magazine
This weekend, while searching for the perfect Halloween costume, I stumbled upon something spectacular: Sephora Beauty In A Box kits. These sets provide all the tools to achieve whatever look you are going for this Halloween, including appropriate makeup products and a step-by-step guide. Take your pick from: Vampire, Devil, Vegas Showgirl, Peacock, Sexy Kitten and Genie. The Beauty In A Box kits are available at Sephora stores nationwide and online at Sephora.com ($26-$65).
Want a pro to do your Halloween makeup for you? Get a Sephora Special Occasion Halloween Makeover, available at any Sephora store. The session includes a professional makeup artist application, allowing you to try out any of the six hauntingly beautiful looks to complete your costume. Makeovers are by appointment only, and include a minimum purchase of $50.
-Kari LaPrade, beauty intern