Lately I’ve been on the hunt for beauty products that make me look great but are space-saving, easy and quick to use—and even save time when I’m in a big rush. These prettifying finds fit the bill:
- Benefit Benetint is a great two-in-one product that I’ve loved for years. This rose tinted stain is perfect for a flush of color on the cheeks and lips—all you need is a dot in each spot.
- Sephora’s Double-Ended Perfect Complexion Brush is a brush I recently picked up and have been using every day since. One side of the brush is a blush/bronzer applicator; the other, a foundation brush—and I love the eye-catching hot pink hue.
- Easy on the go shadow? It’s actually possible with Urban Decay’s Cream Shadow. They offer a nice array of colors for a neutral day look or a more vibrant effect for night. These creams are also easier to apply than normal shadows because there’s no need for a brush—just squeeze and apply with fingers. Plus, the shadows dry weightless and creaseless, leaving a heavenly shimmer on the eyes that lasts all day.
—By Maite Gonzalez, beauty intern
Staying fresh and put together during a marathon, time-crunched day can be a challenge—but not to worry, FITNESS is here to help! Here are a few of my favorite ways to look and feel great on the go, no matter what my busy schedule has in store:
- Hydrate your face. Rehydrate your skin in a dry, stuffy office or classroom with a mist of purified water. We like Evian Mineral Water Spray; it releases a light, invigorating mist that won’t disturb your makeup. Or fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for an even more moisturizing, therapeutic treat.
- Beat the tangles. All that running around can leave your hair a tangled mess. Carry a compact brush with mirror that folds to fit in your bag- we love Sephora Collection Printed Pop-Up Brush, decked in a supercute bee pattern. Just running the brush through locks a couple times can bring them back to life; to add volume, brush the roots up and back.
- Freshen up. It seems simple, but one of my favorite ways to feel refreshed is to brush my teeth—something about the clean feeling gives me an ultimate boost. I keep a travel toothbrush and toothpaste in my purse for a mid-day touch up. On days when I’m really crunched for time, I pull out a Colgate Wisp, a miniature toothbrush with built-in paste.
-Kari LaPrade, contributing blogger
This weekend, while searching for the perfect Halloween costume, I stumbled upon something spectacular: Sephora Beauty In A Box kits. These sets provide all the tools to achieve whatever look you are going for this Halloween, including appropriate makeup products and a step-by-step guide. Take your pick from: Vampire, Devil, Vegas Showgirl, Peacock, Sexy Kitten and Genie. The Beauty In A Box kits are available at Sephora stores nationwide and online at Sephora.com ($26-$65).
Want a pro to do your Halloween makeup for you? Get a Sephora Special Occasion Halloween Makeover, available at any Sephora store. The session includes a professional makeup artist application, allowing you to try out any of the six hauntingly beautiful looks to complete your costume. Makeovers are by appointment only, and include a minimum purchase of $50.
-Kari LaPrade, beauty intern