Written on October 15, 2012 at 11:00 am , by Fitness Magazine
It’s one of my favorite times of the year—no, not Halloween—it’s Spa Week! And you don’t have to live in New York City to experience it. Spas across the country are offering full-service treatments for discounted rates (think $50!) from October 15th through the 21st. Indulge in a massage, facial and even a yoga class. Here are some of the highlights:
Where: Fresh, New York City
1367 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10021
What: 60 Minute Correct & Protect Facial Experience
Where: Exhale, Miami
270 Biscayne Boulevard Way
Miami, FL 33131
What: 5 Pack of Mind Body Classes: Transform your body with your choice of 5 of Exhale’s Award-Winning Core Fusion and Yoga Classes.
Where: Jurlique, Santa Monica
1230 Montana Avenue, Suite 105,
Santa Monica, CA 90403
What: 50 Minute Signature Revitalizing Facial
Where: Stript Wax Bar, Los Angeles
8218 West 3rd Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90048
What: 60 Minute Plant Stem Cell Glycolic Facial
Where: Eshe Day Spa and Salon, Chicago
633 South Plymouth Court, Unit 1,
Chicago, IL 60605
What: 55 Minute Aveda Signature Organic Facial
Where: The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel, Houston
1300 Lamar Street,
Houston, TX 77010
What: 60 Minute Specialty Pedicure with Foot Massage
Where:Nurture Spa & Salon at Luxor, Las Vegas
3900 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89119
What: 50 Minute Nurture Swedish Massage
Where: Red Door Spa, Seattle
700 110th Avenue Northeast, Suite 290
Bellevue, WA 98004
What: 50 Minute Spa Week Stress Melter Body Treatment, includes Exfoliation, Aroma Therapeutic Body Wrap and Scalp Massage
—By Daniella Araujo, beauty intern
Written on March 11, 2011 at 11:43 am , by Fitness Magazine
We’ve been training hard here at FITNESS—for both the FITNESS/MORE Half-Marathon and to keep up with our New Year’s resolutions—and one thing that’s taken a beating along the way is our rundown feet! The sight of our roughed-up tootsies could send anyone into a lifelong state of foot-phobia. With sandal season creeping up, we’re using this DIY treatment from Dawn Gallagher, former model and author of Nature’s Beauty Secrets, to get our overworked soles ready for their day in the sun:
- Fill a foot basin with warm water, add a few drops of almond oil and soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While you’re soaking your feet, use a pumice to buff away calluses and rough skin.
- Towel-dry your feet, then focus on your toenails. Cut and file them to your desired length, always cutting straight across to avoid ingrown toenails.
- Use the almond oil to soften cuticles and an orange stick slowly push them back.
- If you’re in the mood for a burst of color, paint your toes your desired shade and finish with a topcoat.
- If you painted your toes, wait until they’re completely dry, then slather your feet in the most buttery cream you can find. Pull on a pair of cotton socks to lock in the moisture.
—By Lindsay Richardson, Beauty Intern