The beauty brand Lush is known for their freshly-mixed products using natural ingredients, but even we were surprised when they revealed just how many fruits and veggies go into making their skin and hair helpers each year. The juicy scoop:
- 415 pounds of cantaloupe, with strand-nourishing enzymes
- 550 pineapples, for their brightening alpha hydroxy acids
- 11,000 bananas, to soften skin
- 17,000 limes, which have complexion-toning effects
- 20,000 avocados, for their moisturizing properties
- 27,000 oranges, rich in vitamin C and a natural astringent
Tell us: Have you tried making any fresh fruit or veggie-based beauty treatments at home?
Some people are wary of using scrubs— as they can be harsh and irritating— but on cold, windy days, skin is need of some extra TLC. To rescue ours from its chapped, red state, we turn to Lush Ocean Salt used as a scrub or face mask. It contains fresh lime extract to unclog pores, plus avocado and coconut oils that leave our face soft and radiant. And it doesn’t hurt that the margarita-esque fragrance turns our bathroom into a tropical paradise!
Tell us: Do you use a scrub or mask? If so, what’s your favorite?
—By Jaclyn Smock, beauty intern