When I was organizing the beauty closet recently, I discovered that bigger is better when it comes to lip gloss. FLIRT! Big Flirt Sheer and Shiny Lipgloss in Big Time Nude has found a home in my already overstuffed handbag. The soft, moisturizing formula is packaged in a chubby tube that holds more lip gloss than your average wand. I love the supersized applicator because it provides a shiny, lasting finish in just one stroke. I wear it alone to create a subtle polished look, or layer it over my lipstick for a bold and lush pout.
Tell us: What lip gloss never leaves your bag?
—By Leah Cayson, beauty intern
It’s the season of ice cream cones, long nights, pool parties—and scorching temperatures (it’s 100 in NYC today!) that throw a wrench in your standard beauty routine. No need to panic or flee for the indoors: These summer essentials will keep you feeling fresh and looking great.
- Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes: These refreshing, cucumber-scented wipes are great for calming sensitive skin: One towelette gently removes any sweat and dirt on your face.
- Visine Summer Spectrum Relief Eyedrops: Say goodbye to itchy, dry eyes. This special summertime formula combines three different moisturizing ingredients to soothe eyes inflamed by the sun, salt, and wind. Put one drop in each eye after a swim or whenever your eyes feel irritated.
- Philosophy Supernatural Superglossy Lip Gloss SPF 15: This SPF 15-infused gloss is packed with antioxidants to keep your lips looking young and feeling hydrated, while shielding them from the sun’s drying rays.
- Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum: Formulated with hydrating argan oil, this serum helps hair stand up to humidity. When strands are dehydrated, they literally lift off your head in an effort to suck moisture from the air—hence, frizz. The oil infuses hair with the moisture it needs, so it won’t become fuzzy in its quest for more.
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto Waterproof Mascara: The perfect mix of length and shine without any dreaded clumps. My lashes feel light and weightless—especially nice in summer, and it’s waterproof, so it won’t sweat or swim off!
What’s in your summer beauty survival kit?
—By Kelly Garner, beauty intern
M.A.C. Cosmetics and Disney have teamed up to launch the limited edition M.A.C. Venomous Villains Collection, based on the sultry styles of four of the most infamous Disney villains: Cruella de Vil from 101 Dalmatians, Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog, Evil Queen from Snow White and Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty (my favorite Disney fairytale!) Each collection offers a range of makeup, including eye shadow, lip gloss, lipstick, nail polish, eyeliner, blush and powder. The products can be purchased starting today at maccosmetics.com and at M.A.C. counters nationwide for as long as supplies last. Our favorites (below, from left): Maleficent Mineralize Eye Shadow in My Dark Magic ($21), Cruella de Vil Lipglass in Devilishly Stylish ($15.50) and Evil Queen Beauty Powder in Oh So Fair ($25).
Who’s your favorite Disney villain? Will you grab a piece of this magical makeup collection before it’s gone?