Shaving can sometimes be a pain, especially after a workout in the cramped shower stall of the locker room. Plus, I don’t want to weigh my gym bag down with a can of shaving cream so instead, I keep a Schick Hydro Silk for Women Razor ($10, drugstore.com) on hand. Its five (yes, five!) blades are surrounded by tiny beads that are jam packed with a water-activated moisturizing serum that’s so hydrating, you don’t even need to use a shaving cream. It’s perfect year-round since it gives me the closest shave, but especially during the chilly winter months that tend to dry out my legs.
From experience, we know that guys think eyelash curlers look like torture devices and bold makeup hues are more fit for clowns than women, but our friends at Pure Silk delved even deeper into the male brain when they surveyed 100 men to get their thoughts on ladies’ beauty routines. Here, the funny—and surprising—info they discovered:
- 66 percent of guys hate when their significant other uses their razor (paws off, girls!)
- 72 percent of men care if you leave your legs hairy (Note: A little stubble is fine, they said, but no cactus-like legs)
- 46 percent of men prefer you use beauty products with fruity scents
- 32 percent love florals (really?!)
- 22 percent like no fragrance at all
Tell us: What does your guy think of your primping regimen?
‘Tis the season for scaly legs, and our gams are always the first to fall victim to the moisture-sapping winter air. So we coddle them in the shower with the richest, most buttery shaving cream out there: Aubrey Organics Créme de la Shave in Toasted Almond. The lightly sweet scent is heavenly, and the essential oil-packed formula wraps our legs in much-needed hydration. How do you quench your most winter-parched parts?