Written on April 19, 2012 at 12:50 pm , by April Franzino
Our May “Nail It!” feature (starting on page 43) is packed with the hottest new lacquer hues, a yummy three-step at-home manicure, special effects you can do yourself, and four superquick ways to make nails look polished on the go. Here, a three more genius tricks for keeping your tips and toes in top shape from Jane Park, founder of eco-friendly nail care brand Julep.
- Seal the deal. Swipe the tips of your nails with polish to seal the edges, which minimizes peeling and cracking.
- Beat the heat. Avoid steamy activities like hot yoga, washing dishes, and warm showers or baths for four hours after a manicure or pedicure— heat can soften the polish, making it prone to dents.
- Ice down. Once your manicure is dry, wash your hands with cold water to set it and prevent smudging.
Written on May 31, 2011 at 10:26 am , by Fitness Magazine
Winter is long gone (finally!), meaning it’s not only time to tuck away our heavy coats but also to switch up our nail color. And luckily for us, sporting bright polish isn’t just for schoolgirls anymore. Deborah Lippmann‘s sophisticated new summer hues are the perfect shades for sunny days. We like the carefree coral for fingers, and the playful periwinkle and yellow on toes. What polish shades do you switch to for summer?
From left: Girls Just Want to Have Fun, I Know What Boys Like, and Yellow Brick Road
Written on January 19, 2011 at 8:08 am , by Fitness Magazine
Vamp up your nails with a color that’s of a whole new dimension. Duochrome nail polish brings something different to the basic manicure. Infused with several different complimentary shades and a slight shimmer, the polish changes color as you move thanks to reflecting light. The trendiest tints come in a darker range—a slightly psychedelic mix of purples, blues, greens and gunmetals all in one bottle! Would you try a duochrome manicure?
Written on December 15, 2010 at 7:51 am , by April Franzino
The holiday season puts us in the mood for a little glitter—and the new batch of festive, glitter-flecked polishes are the perfect way to put a little sparkle in our step. Our picks for tips and toes, from left:
- OPI Nail Lacquer in Sparkle-icious, a mix of fine fuchsia, blue and gold glitter
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Color in Boom Boom Pow, a super-glitzy gold made with real 24k gold dust
- Mattese Elite Nail Polish in Nutty Hat Guy, a mingling of silver, red and green sparkles
We promise, just glancing at your spangled fingers will make you smile! Will you try a festive glitter polish?