Written on December 20, 2013 at 12:08 pm , by Molly Ritterbeck
stressful lovely time of year when you wrack your brain trying to think of the perfect gift to give loved ones. For us beauty girls, we love sharing the gift of pampering and helping people feel pretty. The perfect way to do this: gift someone with a Julep Maven Box ($20 per box, julep.com). Simply go to julep.com and sign yourself or your friend or family member up for Julep’s monthly beauty subscription. Complete the quick quiz so your Maven box (delivered each month) is full of products customized to your style (if it’s for a loved one, do your best to answer for her). The box includes exclusive access to new hand-picked trendsetting nail colors, cult favorite skin care products and the latest beauty tools delivered right to your door.
Holiday bonus: there’s an exclusive promo code just for FITNESS readers! Enter FITNESSDEC2013 at checkout now through December 31st, 2013* and your first Maven Welcome Box is free. Doing so also signs you up for the Julep monthly beauty subscription. There are no obligations so you have the option to cancel, skip or send your box to a friend at any moment.
If you’re looking for a last minute present, this is the gift that keeps on giving all year long.
Written on April 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm , by Molly Ritterbeck
As a beauty editor, I occasionally get treated to spa pedicures (I know—tough job, right?). And although it’s a total luxury, I can rarely find the time in my busy schedule to put everything on hold and just relax for a few hours, so sometimes I actually prefer a DIY pedi. It’s more convenient for me and with a set like Julep’s new Fit Feet Kit, it’s super easy to do at home. The kit includes everything you need to go from sneaker to sandal-ready feet:
- Billie Jean Polish: A purple fuchsia crème shade created exclusively for Fitness readers and inspired by legendary tennis player and women’s rights advocate Billie Jean King.
- Julep Instant Warming Foot Scrub: A cucumber mint-scented scrub that warms up on contact. It’s packed with natural pumice to exfoliate, chili pepper oil to stimulate circulation and vitamin E to nourish.
- The Best Pedi Prep Ever!: Super exfoliating AHA’s combine with chamomile extract to soften and prepare calluses for foot filing.
- Julep Foot File: It’ll smooth away calluses and soften rough skin (hello, heels).
- Toe Separators: For easy, foolproof painting.
You can snag it here (on sale!) for $29. Come on, happy feet await you!
Written on April 19, 2012 at 12:50 pm , by April Franzino
Our May “Nail It!” feature (starting on page 43) is packed with the hottest new lacquer hues, a yummy three-step at-home manicure, special effects you can do yourself, and four superquick ways to make nails look polished on the go. Here, a three more genius tricks for keeping your tips and toes in top shape from Jane Park, founder of eco-friendly nail care brand Julep.
- Seal the deal. Swipe the tips of your nails with polish to seal the edges, which minimizes peeling and cracking.
- Beat the heat. Avoid steamy activities like hot yoga, washing dishes, and warm showers or baths for four hours after a manicure or pedicure— heat can soften the polish, making it prone to dents.
- Ice down. Once your manicure is dry, wash your hands with cold water to set it and prevent smudging.