Written on July 7, 2011 at 10:43 am , by April Franzino
It’s 90+ degrees here in New York City, but we recently got to treat our pavement-weary feet to the cool new Ice Cream Pedicure at Eve Salon in the West Village. Here’s a DIY at-home version of the sweet (calorie-free!) service:
- Draw a warm basin of water with enough room for your feet.
- Place a ME! Bath Strawberry Bath Bomb “scoop” (or sweet-smelling bath bomb of your choice) in the warm water and allow to dissolve. You also could add a mixture of sea salts and a healthy dose of a strawberry scented body wash, like Softsoap Strawberry Smoother Body Buff Wash.
- Stir with your hand and dissolve, then place feet in the warm basin and soak for approximately 10 minutes.
- After soaking, exfoliate by vigorously rubbing a sweetly-scented sugar scrub (we love Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Body Polish) onto the feet and calves, then rinse.
- Next, use a pumice stone to get rid of stubborn calluses on the bottoms of your feet and heels.
- Stop, relax, and enjoy a scoop or two of your favorite flavored ice cream before proceeding!
- Dry off and apply a few pumps of light lotion (try a vanilla scent) to keep feet and calves silky-smooth and hydrated.
- Cut and file nails as desired, then top off with a summer polish (try experimenting with five shades of your favorite color—one on each toe—in order from darkest to lightest for an of-the-moment ombré effect.) Finish with a clear topcoat.