Written on September 1, 2010 at 10:30 am , by April Franzino
Most celebs pile on the makeup for awards shows, but E! News anchor and DDF Skincare Spokesperson Giuliana Rancic bravely went foundation-free at Sunday’s Emmy Awards. We asked her how she gets her skin red carpet-ready:
FITNESS: How do you keep your skin gorgeous enough to go without foundation—even at the Emmys?
Giuliana Rancic: “As an entertainment reporter and television personality, it’s important that I maintain a glow on camera (and off camera too!) – I do this by caring for my skin from the inside out. I drink lots of water, exercise, and try to get at least eight hours of sleep. And of course there are my at-home beauty tools…”
FITNESS: Speaking of which, what is your skincare routine and what products do you use?
GR: “My skincare routine is simple. In addition to a daily SPF moisturizer and eye cream, twice a week I exfoliate with the DDF Revolve 400x Micro-Polishing System. In between treatments, I cleanse my skin daily with the same tool, but switch the head from the foam exfoliator to the brush. I also eat nutritious foods throughout the day to give my skin the essential vitamins and minerals it needs to stay healthy.”
FITNESS: Since you don’t need foundation, what makeup products do you use? GR: “I keep my makeup minimal – with a bit of concealer, eyeshadow/liner, lip gloss and bronzer, I can get ready in a flash.”
FITNESS: How do you keep your skin looking great on the go?
GR: “Many of my favorite skincare products are available in travel sizes, so I’ve got myself covered! I also look for multi-purpose skincare/makeup essentials, so I don’t have to pack too much.”
Would you walk the red carpet foundation-free?
Written on August 30, 2010 at 3:00 pm , by April Franzino
We love the natural makeup look celebs favored at last night’s Emmy Awards—they let their own brand of beauty shine through (with help from some well-placed blush and lip color, of course). Our three favorites:
Whose Emmy look do you covet?
Written on June 16, 2010 at 10:55 am , by Fitness Magazine
Self-tanner can make you look slimmer and smoother if you do it right. Follow these expert tint hints.
1) Exfoliate thoroughly. If you don’t, your faux glow will look streaky, says New York City-based tanning expert, Anna Stankiewicz. Avoid oil-based scrubs, which can coat the skin and cause patchiness.
2) Prep parched parts. Before you get glowing, put a light layer of lotion on your hands, feet, elbows and heels to keep the bronzer from over absorbing into dry areas. “You’ll still get a little bit of penetration but not enough to cause splotches,” Stankiewicz says.
3) Get even. Keep crinkly areas, like your knees and elbows, seamless by bending them as you apply tanner. Don’t forget to massage the formula into your neck, the skin around your ears and hairline–all are zones women often miss.
4) Bring sexy back. To get your upper back and shoulders, try this trick from Dera Enochson, creator and founder of Xen-Tan: Take a foot of Saran Wrap and fold it lengthwise into a two-inch strip. Put tanner in the middle, and, holding the ends, smooth it across your back like you’re drying your back with a towel.
5) Use protection. Don’t rub off your tawny color before it develops. After your application dries, blot on a talc-free powder, such as Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Dusting Powder ($4.55, burtsbees.com), to create a barrier. Remember not to shower for about eight hours. Now, you’re golden!