Written on February 6, 2013 at 2:33 pm , by Molly Ritterbeck
If you’re overwhelmed by the contents of your makeup bag (what you should be using, what colors you should be wearing, how you should be applying them?) then Make Up For Ever’s Mobile Beauty School could be your beauty life-saver! The Paris-based professional brand and its artists are hitting the road to help women everywhere learn how to do their own makeup. As part of their Make Up Bag Remix program, their team of professional artists will take a look inside your makeup bag and teach you how to properly use all the products you already have, regardless of the brand (yes, that means you don’t need to break the bank on new loot!)! They’ll also help you ditch the ones that aren’t right for you due to shade or texture. Think of it as a makeover for your makeup bag. Bonus: the service is totally free!
Now through April, the mobile tour bus will be visiting these major cities:
- San Francisco, CA: February 9th – 10th
- Las Vegas, NV: February 16th- 17th
- Dallas, TX: February 23rd-24th
- Miami, FL: March 2nd – 3rd
- New York, NY: March 9th – 10th
- Boston, MA: March 23rd – 24th
- Chicago, IL: April 6th – 7th
- Toronto, ON: April 13th – 14th
Visit facebook.com/MAKEUPFOREVERUSA to book a 30-minute one-on-one makeup bag evaluation appointment with a professional artist. Sessions are available from 12:00pm – 8:00pm on Saturday and 11:00am – 7:00pm on Sunday.
After your hands-on lesson explaining how to utilize all your products, you’ll walk away with a new makeup bag, a custom face chart detailing how to use each product, and a list of additional product recommendations from an artist to round out your look. Plus, there will be a pro photographer on site to capture your “after” look!
For those of you who are on-the-go, you can still stop by the tour bus for quick lip and complexion touch-ups throughout the day.
Written on June 5, 2012 at 10:43 am , by April Franzino
Haircare brand John Frieda is pairing with TV personality and actress Stacy Keibler (she of the lustrous, George Clooney-mesmerizing blonde locks) to raise money for HAIRraising, a charity that supports the Children’s Hospital Boston. For each viewing of the video here, where Stacy reveals how she’s using Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray to brighten her strands, John Frieda will donate $2 to the cause. An easy way to lighten up— and give back.
Categories: Beauty On the Go, Hair Helpers | Tags: Children's Hospital Boston, donate, donation, Free, HAIRraising, John Frieda, John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray, Stacy Keibler
Written on May 12, 2011 at 1:51 pm , by April Franzino
The mane man behind Gisele Bündchen‘s iconic waves, Harry Josh, is hitting the road on the John Frieda Destination: Style Salon Tour. The bus of celebrity stylists, led by Josh, is traveling to cities across the country in May, June and July to offer free 15-minute consultations and styling lessons. Stop by when the bus rolls through your city:
- Friday, May 13, 2011 New York, NY “Times Square – Broadway Plaza (Broadway btw. 43rd & 44th)” 11AM – 7PM
- Saturday, May 14, 2011 New York, NY 11AM – 7PM
- Friday, May 20, 2011 Philadelphia, PA “King of Prussia Mall Route 202 at Mall Boulevard, Suite 2700 King of Prussia, PA” noon – 8PM
- Saturday, May 21, 2011 Philadelphia, PA 11AM – 7PM
- Thursday, May 26, 2011 Miami, FL “Aventura Mall 19501 Biscayne Blvd Aventura, FL 33180″ noon – 8PM
- Friday, May 27, 2011 Miami, FL noon – 8PM
- Saturday, June 04, 2011 Bentonville, AR “WalMart Supercenter Store 5260 4208 Pleasant Crossing Blvd Rogers, AR 72758″ 9AM – 5PM
- Friday, June 10, 2011 Dallas, TX “Shops at Park Lane 8070 Park Ln Dallas, TX 75231″ 10AM – 6PM
- Saturday, June 11, 2011 Dallas, TX 10AM – 6PM
- Friday, June 17, 2011 Phoenix, AZ “Westgate City Center 6770 North Sunrise Boulevard Glendale, AZ 85305″ 2PM – 10PM
- Saturday, June 18, 2011 Phoenix, AZ 2PM – 10PM
- Friday, June 24, 2011 Los Angeles, CA “Hollywood & Highland 6801 Hollywood Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90028″ 11AM – 7PM
- Saturday, June 25, 2011 Los Angeles, CA 11AM – 7PM
- Wednesday, June 29, 2011 Seattle, WA “Westlake Park 4th Avenue (SE side of Pine St.) Seattle, Washington” 11AM – 7PM
- Thursday, June 30, 2011 Seattle, WA Westlake Park 11AM – 7PM
- Saturday, July 09, 2011 Chicago, IL “West Fest Chicago Ave. SE intersection of Wolcot St.” noon – 8PM
- Sunday, July 10, 2011 Chicago, IL noon – 8PM
- Friday, July 15, 2011 Minneapolis, MN “Mall of America 5000 Center Ct. Bloomington, MN 55425″ noon – 8PM
- Saturday, July 16, 2011 Minneapolis, MN 11AM – 7PM
- Friday, July 22, 2011 Atlanta, GA “Perimeter Mall 4400 Ashford Dunwoody Road Atlanta, GA 30346″ noon – 8PM
- Saturday, July 23, 2011 Atlanta, GA noon – 8PM
Written on March 17, 2011 at 1:02 pm , by April Franzino
Today’s our birthday, so we’re letting you in on a special gift: Starting this month, visit a Benefit Cosmetics Brow Bar on your birthday, and receive a free brow service—just present an ID with your birthdate. Find the location nearest you (there are over 300!) here.
Written on September 3, 2010 at 11:03 am , by April Franzino
To celebrate the launch of Bioré Makeup Removing Towelettes, the brand is offering free classes of the new workout system Physique 57 (a favorite of celebs like Kelly Ripa and Sarah Jessica Parker) in 10 cities throughout the country this month and next. Participants will also receive a sample size of the towelettes and a coupon towards a future purchase. The locations/dates:
NEW YORK – Monday, September 20 at Physique 57 Soho, 161 Avenue of the Americas
MIAMI – Thursday, September 23 at Green Monkey, 1827 Purdy Avenue
SEATTLE – Tuesday, September 28 at Be Luminous, 900 Lenora Street, Suite 128
PORTLAND – Thursday, September 30 at Urban Pilates, 1737 NE Alberta Street, Suite 102
CHICAGO – Tuesday, October 5 at Dance Spa, 1890 North Milwaukee Avenue
AUSTIN – Thursday, October 7 at Dharma Yoga, 3110 Guadalupe
PHILADELPHIA – Wednesday, October 13 at Sankhya Yoga, 725 North 4th Street, 2nd Floor
WASHINGTON, DC – Thursday, October 14 at Stroga, 1808 Adams Mill Road, NW
SAN FRANCISCO – Tuesday, October 19 at The Pad Studios, 1690 Union Street
SAN DIEGO – Thursday, October 21 at Yoga One, 1150 7th Avenue
Space is limited, so visit www.biore.com/usa/physique57tour to reserve your spot today!