Written on November 25, 2013 at 2:10 pm , by Molly Ritterbeck
Calling all curly-haired girls! We know styling your spirals can sometimes be a bit of a challenge (frizzy flyaways, crunchy strands, too tight curls, etc.). It takes a lot of experimenting to find the right formula for curls that’ll give you a perfect hair day. One of our faves: Ouidad Curl Recovery Whipped Curls Daily Conditioner & Styling Primer ($26, ouidad.com). Not only will this mousse-like product keep your strands soft and supple to the touch, it has a combo of olive oil, shea butter and glycerin to moisturize and nourish your hair for frizz-free shine. But if you’re in need of some serious deep hydration, you can opt for the Ouidad Curl Recovery Curl Defining Styling Soufflé ($26, ouidad.com). This formula is a bit thicker with Mafura butter and melon seed oil. It’ll melt into each curl to strengthen and repair damage. Plus, it smells like sweet butter—yum! But don’t take it from us. Find out for yourself. We teamed up with the curl experts at Ouidad to bring you this special offer: now through December 31st, you can get 15% off your entire order on ouidad.com. Just type in the exclusive code: FITNESS13 at checkout and watch the prices drop. Happy shopping (and happy hair days to come)!
Written on April 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm , by Molly Ritterbeck
As a beauty editor, I occasionally get treated to spa pedicures (I know—tough job, right?). And although it’s a total luxury, I can rarely find the time in my busy schedule to put everything on hold and just relax for a few hours, so sometimes I actually prefer a DIY pedi. It’s more convenient for me and with a set like Julep’s new Fit Feet Kit, it’s super easy to do at home. The kit includes everything you need to go from sneaker to sandal-ready feet:
- Billie Jean Polish: A purple fuchsia crème shade created exclusively for Fitness readers and inspired by legendary tennis player and women’s rights advocate Billie Jean King.
- Julep Instant Warming Foot Scrub: A cucumber mint-scented scrub that warms up on contact. It’s packed with natural pumice to exfoliate, chili pepper oil to stimulate circulation and vitamin E to nourish.
- The Best Pedi Prep Ever!: Super exfoliating AHA’s combine with chamomile extract to soften and prepare calluses for foot filing.
- Julep Foot File: It’ll smooth away calluses and soften rough skin (hello, heels).
- Toe Separators: For easy, foolproof painting.
You can snag it here (on sale!) for $29. Come on, happy feet await you!