Written on September 20, 2013 at 1:48 pm , by Molly Ritterbeck
This Sunday marks the first day of fall, aka my absolute favorite season. Don’t get me wrong; there are great things about spring, summer and winter, but fall is the quarter my birthday falls in, it reminds me of being back home in Pennsylvania where the leaves turn vibrant shades of yellow, orange and red, and it means I officially have the green light to indulge in all pumpkin everything. Whether it’s a flavored coffee in the morning or a spiced treat for dessert, the tastes and smells of pumpkin are comforting during the chillier autumn months. Last night, I swapped out all of the bright, summery decorations in my apartment for more rustic options—burnt orange flowers in a mason jar, twine-embellished frames and Illume’s Heirloom Pumpkin Metallic Knob Tin Candle ($24, illumecandles.com). It’s luxe metallic amber tin, which glows when lit, makes any room feel instantly cozier. As the rich scent of creamy pumpkin pureé mixes with warm vanilla, dark brown sugar and cinnamon spice, you’d swear your mom had snuck in and been baking all day. So until Thanksgiving, it looks like I’ll be relying on burning these candles every night to keep homesickness at bay.
Written on May 8, 2012 at 1:50 pm , by April Franzino
Our office was flooded with beauty products packed with vitamin-rich, nourishing extracts like honey, beeswax, propolis and royal jelly while we worked on our May 2012 “Buzz-Worthy Finds” Beauty Buys page. We couldn’t fit all our favorite picks on one page, so here are more sweet steals that had the beauty department buzzing.
- Nuxe Reve de Miel Face Cleansing and Make-Up Removing Gel gently melts away product and grime with sunflower seed oil and honey.
- Honey, rice brain oil, and papaya and pineapple fruit extracts in Farmhouse Fresh Honey Heel Glaze get rid of rough soles.
- Suds safely with mildly-fragrant Beecology Natural Honey and Botanical Sulfate-Free Shampoo, infused with propolis, chamomile and honey extracts.
- John Masters Organics Honey & Hibiscus Hair Reconstructor repairs fried, frayed strands with a host of natural ingredients, like soy and wheat proteins, jojoba, flax, and borage seed oils, and arnica flower, white tea leaf, and chamomile flower extracts.
- Fast-absorbing, orange oil-fragranced Neal’s Yard Remedies Bee Lovely Hand Cream is laced with honey and propolis extract in a brazil nut and sunflower seed oil base.
Categories: Beauty On the Go | Tags: Beauty Buys, Beecology Natural Honey and Botanical Sulfate-Free Shampoo, beeswax, Big DIpper Wax Works Beeswax Sphere Candles, body, Buzz-Worthy Finds, candles, Face, Farmhouse Fresh Honey Heel Glaze, feet, Hands, home, honey, hydrate, John Masters Organics Honey & Hibiscus Hair Reconstructor, May 2012 issue, Melvita Ultra-Nourishing Body Balm, Neal's Yard Remedies Bee Lovely Hand Cream, nourish, Nuxe Reve de Miel Face Cleansing and Make-Up Removing Gel, Paddywax Orange Blossom Large Tin Candle, propolis, Repechage Honey Body Polish, royal jelly, Scent, skin, sweet, Worker B All-Purpose Balm, Worker B Lotion Bar, Worker B Treatment Stick