Written on January 19, 2012 at 9:56 am , by Fitness Magazine
Not a winter goes by that we don’t find ourselves sniffling and sneezing, so we scoured the beauty closet for head-clearing solutions. Our first find: Burt’s Bees Therapeutic Bath Crystals, bursting with eucalyptus oil. A steamy hot bath with these citrusy salts relieved our stuffy nose, but the aroma is concentrated, so sprinkle sparingly. Bonus: The eucalyptus will also help relax sore muscles.
After a soak in the tub, we slathered on our second discovery: C.O. Bigelow Lotion Mentholus NO. 002 , laced with skin-soothing oat extracts and scented with a bracing mix of peppermint and rosemary essential oils. Apply directly after your bath for the best results—the steam lingering in your bathroom will give you a final sinus-decongesting boost.
Tell us: What beauty products do you use to help relieve cold symptoms?
—By Leah Cayson, beauty intern
Written on October 10, 2011 at 9:58 am , by Fitness Magazine
Last week, we had the privilege of chatting fitness and beauty with gorgeous supermodel Veronica Webb, who’s currently training for the New York City Marathon next month, running on behalf of AIDS-focused healthcare non-profit Harlem United. We also discussed her role as fashion director in the U.S. launch of Sector Watches. Take a peek at our conversation:
—By Jaclyn Smock, beauty intern
Written on September 22, 2011 at 10:32 am , by Fitness Magazine
In this week’s Staffer Beauty Snoop, we asked Editorial Intern Alyssa Belanger (a former Miss Teen Tennessee International) to spill the products and tricks that keep her looking gorgeous.
Describe your beauty style in three words or less: Simple, polished and classic.
What are the three beauty products you can’t live without? Burt’s Bees Herbal Blemish Stick, Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumper and MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Phloof!
What’s your beauty routine in the morning? I’m all about simplicity. After my morning cup of coffee, I’ll brush my teeth, style my hair and put on my makeup for the day. I wear MAC’s Phloof! Eye Shadow every day because it is a great soft tone that can easily transform into a nighttime look.
At night? At night, I take out my contacts, brush my teeth and wash off my makeup with water and a gentle soap. I like to use an exfoliator a few times a week and hit any problem areas with my Burt’s Bees Herbal Blemish Stick.
Post-workout? I never feel totally clean after a workout until I’ve used my facial toner to remove all of the makeup, sweat and buildup from the day that a makeup remover may leave behind.
What beauty product or treatment instantly makes you feel good? I instantly feel better after treating myself to a pedicure. I’m constantly in tennis shoes for my workouts, or in high heels for work, so it takes toll on my feet. But once I have a nice soak in warm water and a fresh coat of nail polish on, I’m refreshed and ready to conquer many more miles!
What’s the best beauty tip you’ve ever received (or thought of yourself)? “Less is more.” When it comes to beauty, the focus should be on highlighting what you love most about your look rather than hiding it with tons of products!
—By Jaclyn Smock, beauty intern
Written on July 6, 2011 at 9:35 am , by April Franzino
We took a Spin class last week with fellow FITNESS editors, which made us wonder what beauty goods they tote along with them. Here’s the one product that never leaves these FITNESS ladies’ gym bags:
- “Lip balm! My lips tend to get dry during my workout, so lip balm keeps them kissable. I love Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil- it smells delicious!” —Theresa K. Brady, editorial intern
- “La Fresh Instant Body Soother Wipes—they’re the perfect way to cool off and freshen up right after a workout. I wipe one over my neck, face, and shoulders for a quick pick-me-up, and keep a stash in my purse for sticky summer days.”—Colleen Moody, web editor
- “Neutrogena Deep Clean Sport On-the-Go Cleansing Wipes take up no space in my gym bag, thanks to individual packets. I use one wipe before and one after my workouts.”—Amanda Downs, beauty intern
- “Face moisturizer—gyms usually have body lotion, but not the good stuff for your face! It also helps with clearing off any leftover eyeliner if the shower didn’t do the trick.”—Mary Anderson, deputy editor
- “I can’t head to the gym without my Dove Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth Antiperspirant/Deodorant Solid in Wild Rose. It keeps me smelling fresh without the clumpy residue.”—Lauren Cardarelli, editorial intern
- “My face lotion! After a sweaty SoulCycle session, I always need to jump in the shower and rinse off. I don’t go anywhere without my La Roche-Posay face lotion with SPF. It’s smooth, light, and comes in a nice travel size. “—Jenna Autuori, fitness editor
What beauty product never leaves your gym bag?
Written on June 10, 2011 at 10:39 am , by April Franzino
Our pasty limbs have just recently been exposed to the light of day after months of hibernation, so we’re relying on shimmery Burt’s Bees Radiance Body Lotion to impart the subtle (and sun-free!) glow our skin is missing. We smooth a bit of the fast-absorbing formula over our bare legs and arms before stepping out the door: Mineral mica in the lotion reflects light, blurring imperfections. We love that it’s less commitment that a sunless tanner, and there’s no risk of staining clothes. How do you prep your body for its summer reveal?