Written on July 11, 2012 at 2:49 pm , by Fitness Magazine
As masters of procrastination, we’re often rushing out the door with just seconds to catch the bus to work or meet our friends. Unfortunately, beauty irks like unsightly underarm stubble tend to rear their heads at these inopportune times and make us late(r).
When there’s no time to shower, or even crouch over the bathroom sink, here’s what to do: Grab a stick of deodorant—creamy ones like Dove Go Sleeveless Nourished Beauty Deodorant work best—and slick on a generous coating. Then, grab your razor and shave away. The deo takes the place of shaving cream and water, and allows you to drag the blade down your pits without worrying about razor irritation that usually results from dry shaving. Give your razor a good rinse to get rid of any residue.
Tell us: What unusual beauty shortcuts save you in dire situations?
—By Cody Marick, beauty intern
Categories: Beauty On the Go, Weird-But-Works Wednesday | Tags: armpits, beauty timesavers, beauty tips, deodorant, Dove Gosleeveless Nourished Beauty Deodorant, grooming, hair, razor, save time, shave, shaving
Written on August 23, 2011 at 4:36 pm , by April Franzino
In our September Beat-The-Clock Beauty feature (page 51), beauty experts from around the country shared their top timesaving tricks that shave minutes off skin, hair and makeup routines. We asked FITNESS staffers to do the same:
- “When my hair was longer and I was in a rush, I’d put it in a ponytail and run the flat iron over the entire thing. You’d be surprised how well it captures all the strands at once. It cuts straightening time in half!” —Alyson Kaufman, sittings intern
- “If I’m super pressed for time, makeup is the first thing that gets reduce to the bare minimum: Tinted moisturizer elminates the need for foundation and concealer, a quick swipe of mascara makes my eyes look wide awake, and a light layer of lipgloss makes it look like I made an effort.” —Samantha Shelton, freelance editorial assistant
- “I shower before bed and put hair serum or cream in my hair, then twist it into a high bun before sleeping on it. In the morning, I have instant beachy waves.” —Jenna Autuori, fitness editor
- “I swear by tinted moisturizer and mascara in the morning. They take less than two minutes to apply and always make me feel more put together. If I feel like I need to put on more makeup, like blush or eyeliner, I do that on the way to work or when I arrive.” —Marianne Magno, assistant web editor
- “I sometimes skip conditioner and go straight for texturizer. There’s no leave-in wait time and it seems to nourish and make my hair manageable just as well.” —Mary Anderson, deputy editor
One of our favorite tips: Applying a thick foot cream or salve right before we slip on socks—the heat and friction from walking/running help the treatment penetrate and keep soles soft.
Tell us: How do you trim time off your beauty routine?