Can’t make it to the spa for a sports massage? “Give yourself a break from everyday stresses with stretches that target overworked or tight muscles in the body,” says Cassandra LeDonne, lead therapist at the Spa at One Ocean Resort in Atlantic Beach, Florida. “They’re simple and can be done in bed without equipment.” Her regimen:
- Lie comfortably on your back and pull your knee to your chest, stretching the hamstrings.
- Drop your knee at a right angle to the side and rest in that position to loosen the hips.
- With knees bent and feet flat, place your left foot at a right angle on top of the opposite knee, pushing the right knee into the chest.
- Extend your arm above your head and slightly out, relaxing it and adjusting to target the tight spots in your chest and shoulder.
- Repeat on both sides, breathing deeply as you go and settling into each for at least one minute. Follow with a calming sea or Epsom salt bath. “The salts help to relieve sore muscles,” she says. Our pick: Super-soothing LaNatura Feel-Well Organic Lavender Mineral Bath Salts—they come with seashells for scooping!
Women make up 44 percent of football fans, so it’s no surprise that the NFL is launching more and more products geared toward us. The latest? Team-branded body lotion, bath salts, body scrub and even coordinating nail polish (see the Pittsburgh Steelers gift set below), launching on nflshop.com in mid-October.
What’s your favorite football team? Would you wear their logo body lotion or nail polish—or does a jersey do just fine?