In our September Beat-The-Clock Beauty feature (page 51), beauty experts from around the country shared their top timesaving tricks that shave minutes off skin, hair and makeup routines. We asked FITNESS staffers to do the same:
- “When my hair was longer and I was in a rush, I'd put it in a ponytail and run the flat iron over the entire thing. You'd be surprised how well it captures all the strands at once. It cuts straightening time in half!” —Alyson Kaufman, sittings intern
- “If I'm super pressed for time, makeup is the first thing that gets reduce to the bare minimum: Tinted moisturizer elminates the need for foundation and concealer, a quick swipe of mascara makes my eyes look wide awake, and a light layer of lipgloss makes it look like I made an effort.” —Samantha Shelton, freelance editorial assistant
- “I shower before bed and put hair serum or cream in my hair, then twist it into a high bun before sleeping on it. In the morning, I have instant beachy waves.” —Jenna Autuori, fitness editor
- “I swear by tinted moisturizer and mascara in the morning. They take less than two minutes to apply and always make me feel more put together. If I feel like I need to put on more makeup, like blush or eyeliner, I do that on the way to work or when I arrive.” —Marianne Magno, assistant web editor
- “I sometimes skip conditioner and go straight for texturizer. There's no leave-in wait time and it seems to nourish and make my hair manageable just as well.” —Mary Anderson, deputy editor
Tell us: How do you trim time off your beauty routine?