When to Spend, When to Save: Makeup
10 Top Beauty Bargains
What the pros love, love, love.
- Q-tips Cotton Swabs Purse Pack, $1.59
Use these to apply lip gloss and eye shadow or to smudge liner when you don't have an arsenal of beauty tools.
- Pond's Exfoliating Clean Sweep Cucumber Cleansing Towelettes, $5.99
These extra-gentle wipes clean your skin in one swipe -- perfect for the gym or after a late night.
- Evian Brumisateur Mineral Water Spray, $9.95
Hydrate your complexion and refresh your makeup with one quick spritz of this mineral-infused water spray.
- Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer, $7.99
This body cream is quickly absorbed and contains just a hint of self-tanner that gives skin a totally natural-looking glow after each daily application.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pearl Plum, $11.84, 2 pack
This gloss imparts the perfect amount of shine, and the sheer berry hue is universally flattering.
- Vital Radiance Hydra Smooth Under-Eye Concealer, $11.99
The wand has two sides: a shimmery pink eye cream to layer under the creamy concealer.
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease DownPlay Volume Reducer, $5.99
Just a drop of this miraculous potion promotes a blowout that looks like naturally straight hair.
- Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow in Bring Out the Hazels, $15.40, 2 pack
The coordinated palette takes the guesswork out of finding shadows that can be worn together.
- L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation SPF19, $30.97, 2 pack
This ultra-fine loose powder contains good-for-your-skin minerals, and the attached brush makes blending easy, even on the go.
- Nivea Body Smooth Sensation, $5.86
Use this subtly scented, super-hydrating lotion after a post-workout shower to make skin silky smooth and fragrant.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, November 2006.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.