The women of the U.S. synchronized swimming team -- winners of the World Cup in 2006 -- have a real shot at the Olympic gold this summer in Beijing. FITNESS caught up with them for an exclusive underwater photo shoot in designer swimsuits to find out how they stay strong, focused, and fit.
Circle of Strength
Every swimmer has her function on the team: stronger swimmers provide support for the routines, smaller ones are tossed into the air, and taller ones provide above-water elegance. "The only way a team can succeed is if everyone is willing to learn from each other," says team member Kim Probst.
Swimsuits, clockwise from top:
- Cia Maritima Ibiza bikini, top $122, bottom $65
- OMO Norma Kamali C Mio swimsuit, $295
- Speedo Retro Floral Technoback 2-piece, $70, www.speedousa.com
- Manoush Smarties Triangle bikini, $207, www.manoush.com
- Seven7 Brazilian Summer bikini, top $29, bottom $29, www.sea-swimwear.com
- Speedo Axcelerate Marilyn halter and Side Tie Bottom bikini, top $44, bottom $44, www.speedousa.com
- Rosa Cha, price available upon request, www.rosacha.com.br