12 Insider Secrets to Fabulous Skin, Hair, and Makeup
Skin, Hair, and MakeupSkin, Hair, and Makeup
Ever wonder what dermatologists, makeup artists, and hair gurus know that you don't? We asked the top pros in the beauty biz to divulge, and learned tricks that were new even to our in-the-know beauty editors. Follow them and you'll have amazing skin, gorgeous hair, and flawless makeup -- guaranteed.Gorgeous Hair
4. Preserve Shine If you're active and shower twice a day, don't shampoo the second time, says Sharon Dorram-Krause, head colorist at John Frieda Salon. Just condition the ends.
5. Say So Long to Split Ends To avoid breakage, comb through the ends first, working up toward roots, says Gina Bertolotti, a stylist at the Oscar Blandi Salon in New York.Flawless Makeup
6. Get an Instant Glow Warm illuminating lotion between the palms of your hands, then lightly press onto a made-up face (even over powder) for a dewy-looking complexion, says Rebecca Morrice Williams, creator of Becca Cosmetics.
7. Brighten Your Eyes Blend a bit of golden shimmer cream into under-eye concealer and apply under eyes. This magically cancels out dark circles and wakes up the whole eye area, says Jeanine Lobell, founder and creator of Stila.
8. Add Dramatic Color, Fast Instead of attempting to do a made-up eye when time is tight, just line the inner upper rim with a jewel-toned pencil, like sapphire or emerald, says Wende Zomnir, executive creative director of Urban Decay and Hard Candy Cosmetics.
Share your Secret with other moms, and find out more about budget smarts and school supplies