The FITNESS Magazine 2013 Beauty Awards
Best Dry Shampoo: L'Oreal Paris EverStyle Texture Series Dry Shampoo ($7, drugstore.com)
- A few shots of this mist will soak up oil and infuse volume into limp locks. "It's perfect to help refresh your hair after the gym or if you're running late in the morning," a tester noted.
Dry Shampoo Runner-Up: Paul Mitchell Dry Wash Express Dry Waterless Shampoo ($21, paulmitchell.com for salons)
Best Body Mist: Crabtree & Evelyn Tarocco Orange, Eucalyptus & Sage Refreshing Body Mist ($20, crabtree-evelyn.com)
- Exactly what you crave after an intense workout, this blend of eucalyptus, sage, blood orange, and cedarwood is invigorating. Bonus: Sage's deodorizing properties help you smell sweeter until you hop into the shower.
Body Mist Runner-Up: Molton Brown Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod Eau Fraiche ($45, moltonbrown.com)
Best Cleansing Wipes: Simple Oil Balancing Cleansing Facial Wipes ($7, drugstores)
- Remove makeup and dirt with these soft face wipes, which are alcohol- and sulfate-free. "They left my skin feeling healthy and clean," a reader told us.
Cleansing Wipes Runner-Up: Boots Botanics All Bright Cleansing Face Wipes ($7, target.com)
Best Palette: Pixi Soft Focus Fresh ($34, Target stores)
- Housing 12 shadows, six blushes, and four lip glosses in shimmery and matte textures, "this palette has everything you need when you want a polished but natural look," one reader said.
Palette Runner-Up: Flower Shadow Play Eyeshadow Quad ($10, walmart.com)
Best Hair Elastic: Goody Ouchless Elastics ($4, Target stores)
- These are "the cutest hair bands ever!" raved a tester, who loved the variety of colors and patterns in each pack. "They held my ponytail tightly in place during my four-mile run. And when I took them out, they didn't pull or cause breakage."
Hair Elastic Runner-Up: Goody Ouchless Elastics ($5, Target stores)
Best Deodorant: Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response Antiperspirant/Deodorant ($10, drugstores)
- Whatever your perspiration trigger -- exercise, heat, or stress -- this formula blocks odor and wetness. "I applied it in the a.m. and still felt confident enough to grab dinner with friends after hot yoga," a user said.
Deodorant Runner-Up: Mitchum Advanced Control Antiperspirant/Deodorant ($4, drugstores)
Best Portable Fragrance: Mark Fragrance Hits Fragrance Pencils ($16, meetmark.com)
- Each one holds a solid scent you can use on your wrists or neck. Need an energy boost? Try Jewel. In the mood for something fun? Go with Celebrate. Feeling sexy? Swipe on Very Sassy.
Portable Fragrance Runner-Up: Escada Cherry in the Air ($56, sephora.com)
Best Makeup Multitasker: Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Sculpting Trio ($20, Sephora)
- "This kit of blush, bronzer, and highlighter totally streamlined my morning beauty routine," one convert said. "Swipe it on for a pretty 'I just got back from Spinning' flush."
Makeup Multitasker Runner-Up: Mineral Fusion Glow & Go 3-in-1 Color Stick ($20, mineralfusion.com)
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, October 2013.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.