The FITNESS Magazine 2013 Beauty Awards
Best Self-Tanner for Face: Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Glow Moisture ($42, dgskincare.com)
- The golden color that develops in one to three hours will have your friends asking where you went on vacation. "I apply this lotion before bed and wake up looking radiant," a reviewer said.
Self-Tanner for Face Runner-Up: BareMinerals Faux Tan Face Gradual Glow Sunless Tanner ($24, bareminerals.com)
Best Sweat-Proof SPF for Face: La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Melt-In Sunscreen with Cell-OX Shield XL ($36, laroche-posay.us)
- This powerhouse contains five active ray-blocking ingredients and a hefty dose of antioxidants for UVA and UVB protection. But what won our readers over was the texture. "I love the silky, dry finish," one said. "It never dripped into my eyes or felt sticky during my hourlong run."
Sweat-Proof SPF for Face Runner-Up: SkinCeuticals Sport UV Defense SPF 50 ($40, skinceuticals.com)
Best Self-Tanner for Body: BareMinerals Faux Tan Body ($26, bareminerals.com)
- No streaks, nasty odor, or pumpkinlike color here. The amber-tinted lotion helps you see where you put it, preventing streaks and resulting in a natural-looking bronze shade that lasts up to seven days.
Self-Tanner for Body Runner-Up: Vita Liberata Phenomenal Long Lasting Tan Mousse ($54, sephora.com)
Best Everyday Face Lotion with SPF: Estee Lauder DayWear UV Base Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant & UV Defense ($39, esteelauder.com)
- Spiked with antioxidants to fight free radicals, this SPF 50 lotion is your ticket to turning back the clock. Hyaluronic acid and glycerin plump your skin and give it a dewy glow. Smooth it on before foundation as a protective primer.
Everyday Face Lotion with SPF Runner-Up: Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 ($46, obagi.com for info)
Best Portable SPF: Murad Essential-C Sun Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA +++ ($25, murad.com)
- This small but mighty stick glides on tricky spots like your ears and nose for UVA and UVB protection. "The balm gave my fair complexion plenty of coverage," a hiker reported.
Portable SPF Runner-Up: CeraVe SPF 50 Sunscreen Stick ($10, drugstores)
Best SPF for Lips: Coppertone Sport Lip Balm SPF 30 ($3, drugstores)
- "This held up in the heat during a summer race, and my lips stayed protected and never felt dry. I'll tuck it into my pocket for long runs and bike rides from now on," a voter said.
SPF for Lips Runner-Up: Kiss My Face Sport Lip Balm SPF 30 ($3, kissmyface.com)
Best Everyday Body Lotion with SPF: Banana Boat Protect & Hydrate Sunscreen Lotion ($10, drugstores)
- Get your swirl on! Aloe- and antioxidant-laced ribbons combine with water-resistant broad-spectrum sunscreen to pamper and protect your skin. "It absorbs quickly without any greasiness," a voter reported.
Everyday Body Lotion with SPF Runner-Up: Paula's Choice Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 50+ ($15, paulaschoice.com)
Best Sweat-Proof SPF for Body: Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($11, drugstores)
- Water and sweat won't reduce this sunscreen's effectiveness. "It glides on evenly and kept my skin shielded during a bike ride on a scorching 90-degree day," a reader told us.
Sweat-Proof SPF for Body Runner-Up: Supergoop! SPF 50 Antioxidant-Infused Sunscreen Mist with Vitamin C ($19, sephora.com)
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.