The FITNESS Magazine 2013 Beauty Awards
Best Tool: Clarisonic Aria Sonic Skin Cleansing Brush ($199, clarisonic.com)
- The face brush favorite is now loaded with new features, including three speed settings. The oscillating head leaves skin with "a smoother texture and a deep-down clean feel," one reader said.
Tool Runner-Up: Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing System ($13, drugstores)
Best Cleanser: Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Lactic Acid Cleanser & Mask ($34, philosophy.com)
- Talk about a clean sweep. This gel gently exfoliates makeup, sweat, and grime, resulting in soft, glowing skin. "I was able to wear less foundation," one reviewer told us.
Cleanser Runner-Up: Murad Daily Cleansing Foam ($28, murad.com)
Best Toner: Boots Botanics Organic Rosewater Toning Spritz ($8, target.com)
- Mist this toner on a cotton pad post-cleansing to remove leftover makeup. Even better, stash it in your locker so you can cool your flushed complexion after a tough workout.
Toner Runner-Up: Red Door Spa Professional Purifying & Clarifying Toner ($26, Red Door Spas)
Best Scrub: Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Exfoliant ($32, fresh.com)
- Sure, it sloughs away dullness, but what hooked our reviewer was that its meadowsweet extract kept her oily skin shine-free all day.
Scrub Runner-Up: Clearasil Daily Clear Refreshing Superfruit Scrub ($6, drugstores)
Best Serum: Vichy LiftActiv Serum 10 ($53, vichyusa.com)
- Rhamnose -- a naturally derived sugar -- in this anti-ager targets stubborn crow's-feet, laugh lines, brow lines, and neck creases. After one week: "My skin looks tighter and more refreshed," a voter said.
Serum Runner-Up: Bliss Firm, Baby, Firm Serum ($75, blissworld.com)
Best Face Oil: Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10 Oil ($32, getjackblack.com)
- With 10 natural oils, this "fast-absorbing, light" formula gave our testers' skin a major moisture boost.
Face Oil Runner-Up: Murad Renewing Cleansing Oil for Face, Eyes and Lips ($32, murad.com)
Best Spot Brightener: SkinMedica Lytera Skin Brightening Complex ($125, skinmedica.com)
- This special blend of ingredients lightens freckles, age spots, melasma, and post-acne marks.
Spot Brightener Runner-Up: Diorsnow Anti-Spot Serum ($150, dior.com)
Best At-Home Dermatologist Treatment: Riiviva Microderm ($299, riiviva.com)
- This gadget exfoliates dead skin, revealing the healthier layer underneath. "My fine lines, brown spots, and acne scars were less noticeable after a few uses," a tester said.
At-Home Dermatologist Treatment Runner-Up: Perricone MD Blue Plasma ($95, perriconemd.com)
Best Mask: Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask ($17 for six masks, drugstores)
- The tissue mask delivers vitamin C to even out your skin tone with no mess or rinsing. "My skin felt smooth and fresh," a user remarked.
Mask Runner-Up: Fresh Creme Ancienne Ultimate Nourishing Honey Mask ($130, Fresh stores)
Best Night Treatment: Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream ($17, drugstores)
- You'll wake up glowing, thanks to this formula's star ingredient, soy, which combats dullness, blotchiness, and uneven skin tone. "This is not your mom's night cream; it's light and nongreasy," a volunteer told us.
Night Treatment Runner-Up: Estee Lauder Advanced Time Zone Night Age Reversing Line/Wrinkle Creme ($70, esteelauder.com)
Best Wrinkle Fighter: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream ($26, drugstores)
- A rich moisturizer, this kick-starts cell turnover so that you notice almost instant anti-aging benefits, such as firmer skin, as well as long-term ones, like reduced wrinkles. "I look five years younger," a tester marveled.
Wrinkle Fighter Runner-Up: Pro+Therapy MD C8 Peptide Deep Wrinkle Treatment ($95, lovelyskin.com)
Best Acne Blocker: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat ($31, laroche-posay.us)
- The formula clears clogged pores and nixes oil so zits don't have the chance to rear their ugly heads. "My skin looked smooth and matte, but it didn't feel dry," a voter said.
Acne Blocker Runner-Up: Oxy Maximum Action Tinted Spot Treatment ($7, drugstores)
Best Pore Minimizer: Malin + Goetz 10% Glycolic Acid Pads ($48, malinandgoetz.com)
- Along with reducing the appearance of pores, one speedy swipe helps keep skin clear, fade dark spots, and soften fine lines without irritation. "My complexion has never looked so even and radiant," a reader said.
Pore Minimizer Runner-Up: Beauty Rx Refining Pore Treatment ($45, beautyrx.com)
Best Makeup Remover: Simple Eye Make-Up Remover Pads ($6, Walmart stores)
- These make cutting through even the smokiest of eye makeup a cinch. The pads contain soothing vitamins that make eyes feel "refreshed, without stinging them," one fan said.
Makeup Remover Runner-Up: Sephora 2-in-1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Gel ($10, sephora.com)
Best Moisturizer: Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer ($45, shiseido.com)
- Botanicals in this light, creamy lotion keep skin cells healthy. Even if you skimp on sleep, your complexion looks bright, testers noted.
Moisturizer Runner-Up: Olay Fresh Effects Long Live Moisture! Satin Finish Lotion ($13, drugstores)
Best Eye Cream: Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Corrective Eye Cream ($60, shiseido.com)
- The TLC your delicate eye area needs. This plumps fine lines, boosts hydration, combats dark circles, and lifts saggy skin. That's what we call eye candy.
Eye Cream Runner-Up: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion ($62, esteelauder.com)
Best Lip Balm: The Honest Company Organic Lip Balm Trio ($10, honest.com)
- These certified organic balms "soften chapped skin without feeling goopy," a reviewer reported.
Lip Balm Runner-Up: Nivea Lip Butter ($4, drugstores)
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.