The FITNESS Magazine 2013 Beauty Awards
Best Mascara: Maybelline New York Volum'Express The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara ($10, drugstores)
- "The large brush makes my top lashes look glam without clumping," one fan noted. "The tiny brush on the other end targets my bottom lashes without creating a mess."
Mascara Runner-Up: L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara ($10, drugstore.com)
Best Concealer: Revlon ColorStay Concealer ($10, drugstores)
- Consider this your new fix for tired eyes. The angled sponge-tip applicator lightly deposits the silky formula, which covers dark circles without caking. "It's genius at hiding zits, too," a user said.
Concealer Runner-Up: Boots Botanics Corrective Concealer Stick ($10, target.com)
Best Primer: Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Protect ($32, lauramercier.com)
- This worth-the-extra-step makeup base packs SPF 30 plus a complex that keeps your foundation from doing a midday disappearing act.
Primer Runner-Up: By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Primer ($59, Barneys stores)
Best Foundation: Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Foundation ($39, Sephora stores)
- You'll get blurred lines with this foundation, which conceals imperfections and contains antioxidants to soften creases over time. The stamp of approval: "It provides great coverage, yet I barely feel as if I'm wearing anything," one voter told us.
Foundation Runner-Up: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation ($46, bobbibrowncosmetics.com)
Best Brow Product: Mally Beauty Brow Beauty Ultimate Brow Kit ($30, mallybeauty.com)
- This contains everything you need to give yourself a pro brow makeover at home. "The pencil fills in sparse spots, the brush grooms unruly hairs, and the gel locks them in place," a tester reported.
Brow Product Runner-Up: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Genius ($24, anastasia.net)
Best Lipstick: MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick ($22, maccosmetics.com)
- Talk about the best of both worlds: "It's sheer enough so that you don't need a mirror to apply it, yet it provides rich color that's bolder than tinted balm," a reviewer commented.
Lipstick Runner-Up: Shiseido Perfect Rouge ($25, shiseido.com)
Best Eyeliner: Sonia Kashuk Twist Up Long Wear Eyeliner ($8, Target stores)
- Define your eyes with this gel liner that glides on easily, offers intense color, and doesn't require a sharpener. "It didn't smudge even after a long day at the computer," a reader told us.
Eyeliner Runner-Up: Laura Mercier Longwear Creme Eye Pencil ($24, lauramercier.com)
Best Tinted Moisturizer: Dior Nude BB Creme Skin Perfecting Beauty Balm ($44, dior.com)
- This luxe formula gives "a sheer, healthy glow without feeling oily," a tester noted. The miracle ingredients: green, red, and white tea extracts, which protect from environmental stressors like smoke and smog while hydrating and smoothing uneven skin tone.
Tinted Moisturizer Runner-Up: Supergoop! SPF 35 Daily Correct CC Cream ($32, nordstrom.com)
Best Blush: Cargo Water Resistant Blush ($26, cargocosmetics.com)
- This blush won't budge even when you get sweaty. "All three shades -- peach, rose, and coral -- are superflattering," a voter noted. "One swirl of the brush is all you need."
Blush Runner-Up: Josie Maran Cosmetics Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee ($22, josiemaran.com)
Best Eye Shadow: Almay Intense i-Color Bold Nudes ($7, almay.com)
- These palettes -- there's one to complement every eye color -- take the guesswork out of where to apply each shadow for your go-to daytime look. "The pretty shades made my eyes pop," a reviewer told us.
Eye Shadow Runner-Up: Cargo Eye Shadow Singles ($16, cargocosmetics.com)
Best Nail Treatment: Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Dry & Go Drops ($8, drugstores)
- These drops are perfect for the impatient girl on the go, they "dry nails within 60 seconds," a tester marveled. "I get a salonlike finish at home."
Nail Treatment Runner-Up: Julep Oxygen Nail Treatment ($18, julep.com)
Best Nail Polish: CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss ($6, drugstores)
- This lustrous polish, available in 45 shades, shaves precious minutes off your mani time because you don't need a topcoat.
Nail Polish Runner-Up: OPI Liquid Sand Nail Lacquer ($9, ulta.com)
Best Lip Gloss: Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lip Gloss ($22, Sephora stores)
- This "supershiny gloss moisturizes my lips without making them sticky," a reader commented. It comes in 12 juicy shades.
Lip Gloss Runner-Up: Dior Addict Gloss ($30, dior.com)
Best Bronzer: Too Faced Endless Summer 16-Hour Long-Wear Bronzer ($30, toofaced.com)
- A quick sweep of this powder acts like a sun-kissed Instagram filter for your complexion. "It's great for fair skin," one user said. "And it has good staying power." Sixteen hours to be exact.
Bronzer Runner-Up: Physicians Formula How-to-Wear Bronzer ($14, drugstores)
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.